Advise on finding a babysitter

katrina1987

2 boys and Twin girls
Reaction score
Me and OH have only ever had LO babysat for twice since having him so not a lot and only for a couple of hours at a time. My parents are pretty useless promise they will babysit, so we make arrangements then they usually cancel. Where would I start in finding a proper babysitter, I am not the most trusting person when it comes to leaving LO. I would really just like some advice on where to look, how to check them out, any info would be great please, thanks :thumbup:

I am the same... It has to really be someone trustable! Have you got any other family or friends who could do it? My brother has been quite good - he is younger, single, no kids, not the usual sort of person you'd consider 'babysitter material' lol. But having spent time with us as a family he came to see it's not really that hard to look after the kids once in a while (we don't take the pee... he has done it every few months at the most!)

So I suppose I don't really have much advice... we don't go out much at all :wacko: but all I would say is spend time with the friends/family who you may think could help, let LO get used to them, as that'll defo build up a more solid base for LO being comfortable with that person and them being comfortable/aware of LO's needs.

Good luck!

Is your LO in nursery? I know that Girls who work in a nursery usually offer Babysitting in the evenings..that way you know they have been checked etc too..x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->