advise please

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by sparkle1, Apr 8, 2009.

1. sparkle1

sparkle1 Well-Known Member

hi
    i breastfed exclusively for 7 weeks now I ff in he eve.LO is 9 weeks today.
    For the last 2 weeks during the day LO has been feeding for 6 mins on boob then falling asleep & waking up 5 mins later crying.
    He seems hungry all day so I decided to introduce formula and he seems more satisfied after a bottle.
    I now feel that I want to stop breastfeeding because thats all i seem to be doing through the day (its getting me down) i really wish he would feed properly and not fall asleep. I dont want him always be hungry.
    but I dont want to stop BF and regret it as LO is doing really well.
    I feel really guilty about considering ff only but why?

thank you for reading xx

2. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

It's really common for babies to fall asleep as BF is really hard work for them. I would encourage you to persevere as it gets much easier and by 12 weeks he will really have got the hang of it. It does feel like all you do is feed for a while at the start but it gets easier as the baby gets stronger and can feed for longer so feeds less frequently. When LO falls asleep instead of taking him off the boob try and wake him. Tickle his nose, or feet (if you can reach them) or I used to squeeze my boob like hand expressing which stimulated my LO to get started again.

3. lauzliddle

lauzliddle Alfie and mollys mummy

i felt like this a few weeks ago so now i have took away the FF by reducing them and then take them away all together.

I feel so much better now and am so glad i kept to it.
    Now i am going to start expressing every morning from next week so he dosnt have to have formula when he goes to my mums.

Its hard but it does get alot easier :HUG:

4. Mervs Mum

Mervs Mum Doula & Mum of 3!

You are just getting to the stage where it's going to get a lot easier! If you want to stop then you have no reason to feel guilty but if you want to carry on then I'd try taking him off when she nods off and winding him and changing him - even if he doesnt need it just take his clothes off and put them back on again! :lol: