AF 34 days late...

pradabooties

Reaction score
Hi everyone

So my last period was the 17th of February and my life has been a roller coaster of hormones and questions ever since. I've taken multiple negative HPT's, most recently about 2 weeks ago, and I did a blood test two weeks ago that came back negative.

When I went for the results with my doctor she had planned to give me a measles top up shot then but when she heard how late my period was she decided not to because she believes its possible I ovulated very late and am now pregnant and it may have been too early to show on the blood test at that point. It has been 2 weeks since the blood test showed negative and I haven't done any further tests yet. My doctor gave me a referral for another hcg blood test (plus a test for PCOS) to have done if my period still doesn't show in the next week or two.

Literally since the day of the blood test about 2 weeks ago I started having very sore nipples - I can't stand OH touching them at all - and just this week I've started having very mild AF like cramps but my cervix is sitting high and there is zero traces of blood in my CM. I'm honestly just fed up with not knowing and not having AF, its really taking a toll on me. On top of that I haven't mentioned anything at all to OH because if I DO end up being pregnant I want to announce it in an exciting way not a "oh I haven't had a period since Feb so I don't know whats up" way :(

Just looking for some advice/opinions/anyone who has been through the same?

I understand what you feel, my last period was march 5th. I could feel all kinds of ov pains pinches and cramps on cd19 even had a pos opk. Wasted so much money on hpts that just were bfns. So I gave up and waited for af. On cd38 out of no where I oved. I had one day of ewcm and a weird abdomen feeling and the next day sore nipps and a huge temp rise! It is very very possible to ov late. I did and so as I relaxed and didn't think about it. Currently 7 or 8 dpoish.

I understand what you feel, my last period was march 5th. I could feel all kinds of ov pains pinches and cramps on cd19 even had a pos opk. Wasted so much money on hpts that just were bfns. So I gave up and waited for af. On cd38 out of no where I oved. I had one day of ewcm and a weird abdomen feeling and the next day sore nipps and a huge temp rise! It is very very possible to ov late. I did and so as I relaxed and didn't think about it. Currently 7 or 8 dpoish.

Thank you for your reply, its very nice to hear its not just me! good luck to you for this cycle. Now that you mention it actually I did have VERY full on EWCM that I noticed probably around 3 weeks ago now. Its just so hard playing the waiting game isn't it? I'd just love to know for sure either way so I can move on

hi :) I finally figured out what was causing my missed periods and pregnancy symptoms and im sad to say I'm not pg yet... mine is a corpus luteum cyst, it produces the same hormones that your body makes to sustain a pregnancy.

hi :) I finally figured out what was causing my missed periods and pregnancy symptoms and im sad to say I'm not pg yet... mine is a corpus luteum cyst, it produces the same hormones that your body makes to sustain a pregnancy.

Hi! I'm glad you solved the mystery and can stop wondering, I am sorry to hear it wasn't an exciting solution though! Is that easily fixed? Still no AF over here, just going to wait another week before blood tests to check for PCOS and hcg

Don't give up yet! Even though I haven't had a period in 40 days and despite the cyst I just got my BFP, according to the clearblue weeks estimator im 3-4 weeks now. I wish you the best, try to think positive even though it's hard

Don't give up yet! Even though I haven't had a period in 40 days and despite the cyst I just got my BFP, according to the clearblue weeks estimator im 3-4 weeks now. I wish you the best, try to think positive even though it's hard

Omg congratulations!!! I am so excited for you :) So did you get any BFN's before your BFP at 3/4 weeks or did you not test til now? That does make me wonder even more that's for sure, I might do a test tomorrow. I haven't had a period since Feb 17 so it seems a bit less likely to be the case for me...unless I ovulated VERY late

UPDATE:
AF is now 38 days overdue... I am wondering more and more if my doctors possible scenario of ovulating very late and falling pregnant may be the case. I have to wait another week for the second round of blood tests so still waiting and wondering! The light abdominal cramps are now far more regular... probably on and off for 5 mins every few hours and has been that way for around a week. My nipples are excruciating, OH can't go anywhere near them without me yelping in pain :(

Hi everyone,

Wow, I half can't believe I am telling you all this after SUCH a long confusing journey... I am pregnant! I'm so in shock, I only found out last night and haven't even told my OH or my Mum yet! One BFP yesterday afternoon and another this morning. I had a negative blood test 4-5 weeks ago so I am thinking I must only be 2-3weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->