AF came early? Help! Short LP?

fizzypop

Reaction score
AF showed her ugly head today.. I'm a bit sad because it means this month was not my month, but it was only cycle 3..

I am charting bbt and cm so I know I ovulated on CD18.. my luteal phase has been 14 days then 15 days, but this month was only 11 days. Is this something to be worried about? Has anyone else had a random shorter LP? and what is considered to be a 'too short' luteal phase?

That's exactly what happened my first cycle TTC. I'm now at cycle 3.

I just chalked it up to anticipation stress and maybe residual effect from coming off of birth control. Although the previous three cycles waiting for everything to be regular were my normal cycle length.

Since the first short cycle, my cycles have gone back to being right on schedule. It was a little hard the first time because I thought it was implantation bleeding when it started but turned into a regular (if not a little lighter) AF.

I have been charting for a few months, my LP is always 10-11 days which is basically the minimum amount to sustain a pregnancy. My cycles have always been the same, anywhere from 22-26 days and I have had 2 healthy pregnancies.

It's on the lowish end (12-14 days is 'normal') but I wouldn't actually be concerned about it unless it became a persistent trend where every month was short. Good to keep tracking it though :)

ah thanks guys, that is reassuring. I'll keep an eye on it. I've had one healthy pregnancy but then I was incredibly blessed and conceived on the first go! So I've never tracked before. it is very interesting though.

AF showed her ugly head today.. I'm a bit sad because it means this month was not my month, but it was only cycle 3..

I am charting bbt and cm so I know I ovulated on CD18.. my luteal phase has been 14 days then 15 days, but this month was only 11 days. Is this something to be worried about? Has anyone else had a random shorter LP? and what is considered to be a 'too short' luteal phase?

af came today at only 7 dpo

i have raised prolactin level may be thats why my LP is only 7 days this month.i was so happy as this month timing was perfect but feeling so down now.
my next follow up opp with consultant is in april...too far ..my hubby said find a private one.will do on monday just feeling so low

i have two daughters and would love to have a son ..ttc from 14 months arghh

i have raised prolactin level may be thats why my LP is only 7 days this month.i was so happy as this month timing was perfect but feeling so down now.
my next follow up opp with consultant is in april...too far ..my hubby said find a private one.will do on monday just feeling so low

oh no I'm so sorry AF got you.. sending baby dust. You'll get there.. keep on trying and focus on catching that eggy this month xxx

Hi wondering if you could help, iv recently been diagnosed with high prolactin and doctor not really explained what it means? Any info would be great. Thank you

Hi wondering if you could help, iv recently been diagnosed with high prolactin and doctor not really explained what it means? Any info would be great. Thank you

hi
google it and you will get lots of info..im sorry that you been disgnosed with it but its curable
are you ttc from many months ? i had irregular periods.

in 2012 jan i had a cycle of 60 days :s and went to see my gp he did some blood tests and then said my prolactin level is high
and referred me to Endocrinologist ..by the time his opp came in april
i got pregnant with my number 2

in Nov 2012 my no 2 Daughter was born.i havent use any protection since she is born ..again my prolactin levels are high..i had a MRI scan but that was normal

i had a cannulated prolactin test last week and waiting for the next opp with consultant now

LPD is new to me ..dont know if its realted with raised Prolactin level or not

do you know what is your Lp..im mean how many days?

Have been ttc for 8 months and originally went to gp because thought dh had a low sperm count. Had bloods each and mine has come back with a prolactin count of 800. I have regular 26 day cycles and lp is generally 14 days from what I gather with my opks. Always thought i ovulated fine but now worried iv not been and that's the reason not concieved yet although i know it hasn't been that long.
Thanks replying

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"