AF cramps that have lasted 2-3 days so far but no AF

Jazzy92

Reaction score
Hiya!
I'm on month 2 off nexplanon. Had my AF 3 weeks later after getting it out. I then ovulated on day 17 after that and AF then arrived 8dpo.
This month I ovulated on day 18, and today it is 10dpo and no AF yet. The thing is, on 8dpo I had painful AF cramps that lasted half the day and then they turned a bit milder after that. The painful cramps were like what you would have on first day of a heavy flow. But there was no blood, not even a little bit. The cramps have continued now still happening today (10dpo) but they have not been as painful as they were and more mild now and there as dull ache. I have already taken 3 FRER tests on 8, 9 and 10dpo and all been BFN. Do you think I'm just having a long lead up of cramps before AF? It's just the fact they haven't been as sore as that first day which is confusing me. Going down in intensity if anything. Just to add, ovulation confirmed by OPKs. Any help would be appreciated thanks!! :)

Hi! Didn't want to read and run but wanted to tell you good luck! I had some AF like cramps last month and I didn't ovulate but I was on clomid so don't know if that makes a difference...

AF like cramps are a great sign of implantation... Do you temp?

Thanks for your reply! :) I'm just wanting to know what's going on haha. I'm not even sure if I'm technically late since I don't know if 8 days is my usual luteal phase as I've only got that one month to go off since stopping birth control. So perhaps 10dpo is not late. Would you suggest if AF is not here in another week I should head to my doctors to find out what is happening?

Oh and I don't temp no, I'm going to start that next month though if AF appears this time :)

Do you know how long your cycles usually are? I would make that the first step to be sure that you're body is ovulating and then yes I would definitely encourage you to temp next month if AF shows hopefully she won't! It takes the guessing game of when AF is suppose to arrive.. If you have any questions about temping we're always here to help :)

I don't because I've been on nexplanon for like 9 years since I was 15 so I have no idea. I only have that one previous month to go by that ended up being 25 days. Last time my cervix was very high and very soft when OPK gave me smiley face then think I ovulated 48H later as EWCM disappeared and cervix went very hard again and CM went creamy after that time. Thank you!! I shall :)

I also get cramping for a few days around the ovulation window

It can take several months for your body to get back in a healthy state of fertility after being on birth control other that condoms or withdrawal for more than a few months.
It could be good signs of pregnancy or it could be just your body waking up to the hormones now free ranging through your body. Good luck either way.

Ooo sounds awesome! If you got a smiley face and EWCM then you're probably ovulating but just double check with your OBGYN and makes sure your body is ready to go :thumbup:

I'm still waiting on AF.. Have had really good signs and my LP is usually 11 days and it's going on 13 days but don't want to test until she's really late! I thought something was wrong with me for years cause I could never get pregnant when we were NTNP..

I got pregnant about 4 years ago on clomid but sadly that ended as a MC at 8 weeks.. So when we decided it was time again I went to a new OBGYN and she tested me for PCOS and I indeed had that and she thinks I had low progesterone levels so it couldn't sustain the pregnancy..

So she's got me on clomid and I was on it at 50mg last month didn't ovulate so they bumped me up to 100mg and I OVULATED :happydance: If I would've went to her sooner I could have a baby by now LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->