Af cramps!

besty

Mummy to 2 girls & preg
Reaction score
Hey

I get awful AF cramps which is one reason I was on the pill...ive been off the pill since Jan and the cramps are getting worse each month to the point I feel dizzy and sick

I was wondering if anyone knew any herbal remedies that may help (I dont like taking pain killers but had to today as pain got so bad!)

any advice would be great hopefully I wont be having to many more AFs!!

I get REALLY bad cramps with AF too. Pretty much ever since I started years back. All I do is just drink warm liquids(like tea) heating pad on my stomach. And if it gets to the point I'm feeling really sick I take a gravol(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimenhydrinate) Aside from gravol I don't find ANY pain killers work for me..
I don't know of any herbal remedies though sorry..

raspberry leaf tea is supposed to help, as well as agnus castus and cramp bark, which you can sometimes get as capsules.

also, I had 14 years of really bad dysmenorrhoea (really bad period pains, plus in my case simultaneous throwing up & diarrhoea (sorry if TMI) and 3 hospital admissions in A&E plus one pickup by ambulance)! And believe it or not the thing that made the most difference was when I
gave up caffeine (tea, coffee, and chocolate) in 2009 and my AF instantly got shorter, less heavy, and the cramping, pain and symptoms reduced to the point where I could actually function!

I eat limited amounts of chocolate again as it only contains small amounts of caffeine.

Thanks for the replys I dont drink coffee and only have the old tea! I only eat choc a few days before AF comes its a huge craving for me! Maybe have to try to not eat choc!
Its just so annoying and stops me doing things as pain is so bad I get so moody and snap very easily :'(

ReadyOrNot those were exactly my symptoms before going on BCP. I've experienced it once since coming off the pill in Jan last year and thought I may be pregnant - no such luck! I would turn grey in colour, throw up and have horrendous diarrhoea. Basically I'd be out for the count all day in constant agony. We are such lucky creatures eh?!

Besty I have a whirlpool type attachment that you put in your bath. It creates a jacuzzi effect and water jets that really help with cramps and plus a hot bath is always recommended and is a great excuse to indulge yourself! They're not advised during pregnancy but when you do get your BFP I suppose you won't be concerned with AF cramps!

Hope that helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->