AF is 2 weeks late but BFN :( starting to feel crazy

pradabooties

Reaction score
Hi everyone

My last AF was Feb 17 and I had ovulation spotting on the dot with predicted ovulation timing on Fertility Friend. Since then I've experienced nausea, heavy breasts, spiking feeling in nipples, sore back and VERY increased discharge. I tested BFN when AF was a day late then again at a week late... Read a lot of women who got Bfn's til quite late so I waited to test again today at 2 weeks late for AF - BFN! Has anyone experienced this before? Anyone get a BFP after negatives at this stage? I have a strong feeling I'm pregnant but the BFN's are making me feel crazy :( I'm planning to go to the doctor next week, just hard with work and Easter around the corner x

Hi everyone

My last AF was Feb 17 and I had ovulation spotting on the dot with predicted ovulation timing on Fertility Friend. Since then I've experienced nausea, heavy breasts, spiking feeling in nipples, sore back and VERY increased discharge. I tested BFN when AF was a day late then again at a week late... Read a lot of women who got Bfn's til quite late so I waited to test again today at 2 weeks late for AF - BFN! Has anyone experienced this before? Anyone get a BFP after negatives at this stage? I have a strong feeling I'm pregnant but the BFN's are making me feel crazy :( I'm planning to go to the doctor next week, just hard with work and Easter around the corner x

have you tried a range of pregnancy test brands? sometimes you can get a different result with other brands of tests?

Hi everyone

have you tried a range of pregnancy test brands? sometimes you can get a different result with other brands of tests?

Thanks for your reply! The first two were the same brand and box - FRER. Today I tried a dip and read... So I have tried 2 different types?

Hi everyone

Thanks for your reply! The first two were the same brand and box - FRER. Today I tried a dip and read... So I have tried 2 different types?

hmm, i know some people take a while to register a positive, the longest i've heard is 24dpo though i think you are doing the right thing by going to the doctors, with the symptoms it sounds positive, but other than that i don't know what to tell you i'm afraid :(

Hi everyone

hmm, i know some people take a while to register a positive, the longest i've heard is 24dpo though i think you are doing the right thing by going to the doctors, with the symptoms it sounds positive, but other than that i don't know what to tell you i'm afraid :(

Thanks okay I appreciate you replying at all :) I've read a few instances where women have had BFN's til even a month late... Others that never registered on hpt and had to get blood tests :/ my cycle might just be off but yes sounds like a doctors trip is on the cards either way x

Hi everyone

Thanks okay I appreciate you replying at all :) I've read a few instances where women have had BFN's til even a month late... Others that never registered on hpt and had to get blood tests :/ my cycle might just be off but yes sounds like a doctors trip is on the cards either way x

i hope you get a positive from the doctors, keep me updated :) FX :dust:

I was three weeks 'late' before my bfp with dd. I obviously much later than expected which is why I didnt geovulateddidntitive til then. Hope you get your bfp xxx

I was three weeks 'late' before my bfp with dd. I obviously much later than expected which is why I didnt geovulateddidntitive til then. Hope you get your bfp xxx

Thanks Teri7489! It's good to know it does happen sometimes. Were you getting BFN's before that or did you not test til then? xx

hi, I know it's not much help but I am in the same boat. I am 19 days late today, negative tests, I know how hard it is. I feel like im losing my mind too.. just want an answer!

hi, I know it's not much help but I am in the same boat. I am 19 days late today, negative tests, I know how hard it is. I feel like im losing my mind too.. just want an answer!

Hi! No it's good to know I'm not alone :thumbup: But at the same time I'm sorry to hear that anyone else has to feel this way...its incredibly confusing and frustrating, it's hard to stop thinking about it for even a moment! Do you think you're going to keep testing or go to a doctor about it? I am thinking a doctor is the next logical step but I know time-wise I'll be putting that off for a couple of weeks yet :dohh:

I've got an appointment with an obgyn in a week, hopefully they can figure this out. Yeah everyone keeps telling me just relax and I don't know how to explain to them how limiting this feels and how lost I am right now, it is so hard, I spend every day distracted. I tried to convince myself I'm not pregnant but it's hard when im still trying to watch the medications I take and not drink alcohol because..what if? I hope we both figure this out soon, it's just so stressful.

I've got an appointment with an obgyn in a week, hopefully they can figure this out. Yeah everyone keeps telling me just relax and I don't know how to explain to them how limiting this feels and how lost I am right now, it is so hard, I spend every day distracted. I tried to convince myself I'm not pregnant but it's hard when im still trying to watch the medications I take and not drink alcohol because..what if? I hope we both figure this out soon, it's just so stressful.

I hope your obgyn helps! I completely understand your suffering... it is VERY distracting from everyday life! Just got another BFN with FMU at 16 days late yet I still just think "well, I'm still pretty sure I'm pregnant!". If late BFN's happen to some women that it is possible that could be us

Just to make it more confusing I went to throw out my HPT from yesterday (don't know about you guys but I tend not to chuck them straight away - silly but true!) and as I glanced at it there's a line... fairly sure its an evap. I hadn't looked at it since instantly after I tested so I don't know when the line formed/how long after. What do you guys think? I've never had an evap before only blank BFN's

https://i60.tinypic.com/2i6c8lc.jpg

its a pretty mean evap if it is one, try again in the morning hopefully 1 it will be stronger and 2 it definitely wont be an evap if you look fairly soon after :)

its a pretty mean evap if it is one, try again in the morning hopefully one it will be stronger and 2 it deffinately wont be an evap if you look fairly soon after :)

Thanks! I have a feeling its an evap - although yes a pretty mean one! - because of the time frame and I got BFN on dip and read this morning. But yes I shall test again soon haha, thank you

I took a test yesterday and it said in the pamphlet that any positive line that is only visible ten minutes and later after testing is invalid. Maybe read the pamphlet if you still have it? My test was different to yours.

Good luck!

I took a test yesterday and it said in the pamphlet that any positive line that is only visible ten minutes and later after testing is invalid. Maybe read the pamphlet if you still have it? My test was different to yours.

Good luck!

Hi, yes I'm pretty sure that is the case with most tests - I guess the thing that has me wondering is because I tested then checked it within 1-3 mins then didn't look at it again til today... so I guess the thing is I don't know if the line appeared at say 3-10 mins or way later? So confusing! Haha I will just have to test again and dismiss this as an evap I think

Good luck!

Hi, yes I'm pretty sure that is the case with most tests - I guess the thing that has me wondering is because I tested then checked it within 1-3 mins then didn't look at it again til today... so I guess the thing is I don't know if the line appeared at say 3-10 mins or way later? So confusing! Haha I will just have to test again and dismiss this as an evap I think

Oh I see! Well definitely test again and good luck! :flower:

Good luck!

Oh I see! Well definitely test again and good luck! :flower:

Thank you :)

Hi!
Just updating that I'm now 3 weeks and 1 day late and I finally went to the doctor this morning. She was lovely but did say she trusts HPTs quite a bit so she thinks its unlikely that I'm pregnant but decided to send me for a blood test just in case. The blood test was for pregnancy plus a prenatal check so it checks my thyroid function, iron levels etc since I told her that if I'm not pregnant now I do plan to be within the next year or so.

They took quite a lot of blood! I go back for a follow up appointment in a week but she said I'd get a call sooner if anything abnormal showed up on the test - I guess this means they'd call if I am pregnant?

The doctor was quite surprised that I haven't had my period since Feb 17 and when I told her the dates I had light spotting around ovulation and the fact OH and I had done the deed all around and on ovulation dates she was like right okay I see where you're coming from, lets definitely test for hcg.

Hows everyone else doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->