AF just got me, anyone want to join me in Feb

Deethehippy

TTC a miracle before menopause
Reaction score
I was on my 6th month NTNP/TTC and despite some promising looking evaps or very faint lines over the last few days AF got me this afternoon. :(

I wondered if anyone else recently struck by the witch would like to join me for February’s obsessing lol

Maybe we can discuss tips for improving our chances such as supplements etc and then test together when the time comes.

Bit about me: I am Dee and I am 45. My OH is 54. I am already blessed with 4 children who I am grateful for every day but recently have a strong desire to give TTC one last go before it’s too late.. I’m perhaps too old but wouldn’t forgive myself if I didn’t at least give it one last try before menopause hits.

I'm here with you! I also have 4 and am right in the middle of my first postpartum AF. Good luck!

I'm here with you! I also have 4 and am right in the middle of my first postpartum AF. Good luck!

Thank you, hope your first AF isn’t too bad! Good luck to you too. My cycles tend to be around 32/33 days.

I'd like to join you! I am 28, on cycle 4 TTC #2. Hubby is 33. We have 1 son who is 17 months old.

I'm cycle day 13, hoping to get a positive OPK in the next day or two! I am using prenatals and a B vit complex to try to lengthen my Luteal phase, which last cycle was only 8 days, total cycle 23 days.

If anyone has tips on other things to help with lengthening the LP I'd love to hear them as Dr didn't take it seriously! Shes given me a form to get blood test for hormones but I think I need to wait til early next cycle for that.

Hi lighting7
I came across this article on luteal phases:
What Every Woman Should Know About Her Luteal Phase
although I expect you have already read lots on it online!
I take vitamin D, multivits and minerals and omega oils but have decided to try to loose a bit of weight and try a little yoga. I used to do yoga years ago and I think it really helped with my weight and general health.
Hope your OPK is positive soon, I’ve never used them so maybe that is something I could try too.

Hi lighting7
I came across this article on luteal phases:
What Every Woman Should Know About Her Luteal Phase
although I expect you have already read lots on it online!
I take vitamin D, multivits and minerals and omega oils but have decided to try to loose a bit of weight and try a little yoga. I used to do yoga years ago and I think it really helped with my weight and general health.
Hope your OPK is positive soon, I’ve never used them so maybe that is something I could try too.

Thanks Dee! I just read that link, hadn't seen it before and hadn't heard about the vit C side of things until you mentioned it in the other thread today! I have some chewable C tabs so I might add an orange a day and also chew a couple of those after I take my prenatal and B vits hahaha!

I only started using OPKs last month which is how I discovered my short Luteal Phase. I knew my cycle was short but I had just thought I probably ovulate early, hadn't considered that it was the LP that was the short part! I'm also wondering if breastfeeding my son could be contributing, though he only feeds once a day before bed and sometimes misses days here and there if we are out for the evening and come home and transfer him to bed already asleep!

But yeah using the OPK was good because at least now I know what the problem probably is and can try to fix it!

I wish you luck with your LP Lightning, maybe the OPK's are not always dead accurate and you ovulate a bit before you think? I guess all you can do is do plenty of BD'ing over a wide range of days to cover yourself.

CD 11 Here. Cycle # 3 TTC, but Cycle # 5 off BCP. Cycles are usually regular but AF came 2 days early this last time and was VERY light. I ended up in the hospital CD 1 and diagnosed with a hemorrhagic cyst. I only had light bleeding for 36 hours this last cycle and it made my last LP very short, only 11 days.

I currently am on a prenatal as well as taking iron and b12.

I'm 30. DH is 31. We have a son who just turned 4 this past Friday. It took us a year to conceive our son, 3 of those months were assistance of clomid and pregnyl to induce ovulation. Dr said we won't look into any help until we've been trying 6 months. I temp but don't use OPKs. Projected Ovulation this round is next Tuesday which is CD 17, but based on previous temps I usually O CD 15. We'll have to see.

CD 11 Here. Cycle # 3 TTC, but Cycle # 5 off BCP. Cycles are usually regular but AF came 2 days early this last time and was VERY light. I ended up in the hospital CD 1 and diagnosed with a hemorrhagic cyst. I only had light bleeding for 36 hours this last cycle and it made my last LP very short, only 11 days.

I'm 30. DH is 31. We have a son who just turned 4 this past Friday. It took us a year to conceive our son, 3 of those months were assistance of clomid and pregnyl to induce ovulation. Dr said we won't look into any help until we've been trying 6 months. I temp but don't use OPKs. Projected Ovulation this round is next Tuesday which is CD 17, but based on previous temps I usually O CD 15. We'll have to see.

Hiya
I hope that you ovulate soon this cycle or at least at a time that you are aware of so that you can time things well. I have never attempted temps because I tend to be a bit of an up and down sleeper so not really sure how reliable it would be. My O tends to be CD 16-18 but I only go by CM and breast changes/headaches. Good luck to you!

I wish you luck with your LP Lightning, maybe the OPK's are not always dead accurate and you ovulate a bit before you think? I guess all you can do is do plenty of BD'ing over a wide range of days to cover yourself.

I wish it were that but its unlikely because I also started tracking my BBT last month plus I log my CM and they both indicate the same O day. But yes we always BD every other day from after AF so hopefully soon something will stick :)

Good luck! I hope this is your month!

How is everyone doing?

I’m not sure if I’ve ovulated or not yet, was my birthday yesterday and we got to BD so hopefully even if O is tomorrow I might be covered or maybe we will be up for more BD tomorrow (OH is off doing some physical work today so not sure tonight will be possible)

I usually get very egg white CM around ovulation but it’s been much more watery this cycle so feeling a bit out already but I know it’s possible to conceive with very little CM so fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like Ovulation happened here this time. On CD 22 of a normal 28-30 day cycle with zero temp rise this time.

happy belated birthday Dee.

lightning, sorry AF got you

I'm sorry about the long cycle and no ovulation FLArmywife. Did you test just in case?

No didn't test. I am only 1 week past what would have been O. AF isn't due until the weekend at the earliest.

No didn't test. I am only 1 week past what would have been O. AF isn't due until the weekend at the earliest.

Ahh ok, well good luck to you, you never know. And thank you for the birthday wishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->