AF late but still getting BFN's? Come and join me

welshgem

Reaction score
Hi ladies :flower:

I'm now on CD32 of an average 26 day cycle and AF is officially later than she's ever been. This would be good news if I wasn't also testing negative on the 4 tests I've already done!

For a tiny bit of background, this was meant to be my 3rd iui cycle but it was cancelled mid-point after I over responded to the drugs (4 follies). I wasn't temping but I had all the signs of ovulation around my usual ov time, including spotting which I don't always get. This, I read, was a sign of strong ov.

However, the longer it goes with no AF and BFN's, I'm worried that I've had an anovulatory cycle which has never knowingly happened before.

Ladies, is there anyone in the same boat? Late AF but BFN's?

X

Yes, me! I could almost have written your post, I even had brown spotting mid-cycle for the first time ever. I'm on CD42 and as you can imagine I'm losing my mind.

I had a blood test which came back negative but I'm not sure if I believe it. I've had my period every month of my life since i was 13 and NOW it disappears?!
Bit of a coincidence since we tried really hard to get pregnant.

Me too - I usually have short cycles - 26 days (AF was due on Tuesday). I have never made it to 15dpo before! I had spotting on cd10-12. Tested this morning with :bfn:. I don't understand it.

Welshgem - what is an anovulatory cycle?

SpringOrchid - I can't believe you are on cd42 - I would be going crazy by now! Have u spoke to the doctors about the blood test?

SpringOrchid - I can't believe you are on cd42 - I would be going crazy by now! Have u spoke to the doctors about the blood test?

I AM going crazy! The results were "Normal, no further action needed" which she said meant I wasn't pregnant. But she also told me about a patient she had who tested negative on urine and blood tests for FOUR months and turned out to be pregnant.

I have an ultrasound booked for 10th May but until then there's nothing I can do except go slowy insane :) Every hour of every day feels soooo slow - I just want to know what's going on! Husband thinks I must be pregnant.

Ladies I'm so glad I've got some others to obsess with because I'm going crazy without people to talk to about it!

SpringOrchid - I feel the same that surely it can't just be a coincidence. I've also heard about women who test negative on blood & home test but show they're pregnant on u/s so fingers crossed for you. 10th May must feel like an age away! Did you have to fight for an u/s or was your Dr quite happy to book you in for one?

C beary - anovulatory cycles are basically where you skip ovulation and essentially miss a period because your body doesn't know when to start it. I've read that some women get all the symptoms of ov but their hormones don't reach high enough levels to release the egg. Hope that isn't the case for us.

Ladies I'm so glad I've got some others to obsess with because I'm going crazy without people to talk to about it!

SpringOrchid - I feel the same that surely it can't just be a coincidence. I've also heard about women who test negative on blood & home test but show they're pregnant on u/s so fingers crossed for you. 10th May must feel like an age away! Did you have to fight for an u/s or was your Dr quite happy to book you in for one?

I know, it's so good to talk to others in the same situation.

I actually asked to see the nurse instead of the doctor because she seems to be much more willing to listen instead of giving me the brush-off. She was great and ordered the ultrasound straight away when I said I was worried incase I had a cyst or something.

It does seem ages away, but in a way I'm glad because the last thing I want is to go for one and have them tell me it's too early too see!

When are you planning on asking for a blood test?

Well I've bought two more test which I'll use tomorrow and Saturday morning and then I'll speak to my fertility clinic on Tuesday after the bank holiday if I've still got no answers via AF or tests!

I AM going crazy! The results were "Normal, no further action needed" which she said meant I wasn't pregnant. But she also told me about a patient she had who tested negative on urine and blood tests for FOUR months and turned out to be pregnant.

I have an ultrasound booked for 10th May but until then there's nothing I can do except go slowy insane :) Every hour of every day feels soooo slow - I just want to know what's going on! Husband thinks I must be pregnant.

That must be awful for you. At least 10th May isn't too long away although I bet it will feel like forever.

The witch came today for me so I am out again this month :cry:

Hope you get some good news on the 12th X

Hi ladies! I am so glad I have found this thread and have someone to discuss with :hugs: My post is going to be long so please bear with me :blush:

I am CD 38 today, no AF yet, it was due on April 23...so now I am 8 days late. The last time I tested was on the night of CD 32 after a 5 hour hold and it was bfn. I have been getting mild cramps every day since the 23rd. I have tested with CD digital, Up-Up (Target brand). Any other brand that you guys think I should test with?

This is my 1st cycle off of bcp. But I am in a weird situation than the rest I suppose.

A little history :winkwink: : I am hypothyroid for the last 12 years & been irregular with my periods since. In early 2009 after an ultra sound I was told I had mild pcos too due to the same:dohh:. No other doctor has ever tested me for pcos again in spite of repeatedly mentioning it to them. All they did was put me on bcp on/off for every 6 months to see if that made it regular :growlmad:. For the last 2 and half years I have been on them regularly as a treatment to help with conceiving (family planning too :haha:).
As per my gyno the best time for me to get pregnant was the 2 cycles right after I came off bcp (considering both the thyroid condition & pcos). As my body would still be used to being on pill...which would make my cycles regular initially and then might go back to being irregular gradually.

I wish either of them shows up quickly so I can move on to the next step :flower:

Well I've bought two more test which I'll use tomorrow and Saturday morning and then I'll speak to my fertility clinic on Tuesday after the bank holiday if I've still got no answers via AF or tests!

Good luck with the testing. Hope the :witch: stays away X

C beary - so sorry the witch got you. How long have you been ttc?

Bblues- wow, what a nightmare trying to second guess your body all the time! Have you ever tried temping to pinpoint ov? Hopefully this is it for you though. You should definitely test again! I'm from uk so not sure what tests to recommend but if you get First Response over there then give that a go!

Welshgem: Good luck with your tests over the next couple of days! Try not to get too disheartened if they're negative, from everything I've been reading, late BFP's are more common that we realise. Hopefully you'll feel more reassured after speaking to a professional on Tuesday, I know I did. Not giving up hope yet!

C beary 83: Ah that sucks! I'm so sorry. This whole process is so tough! Best of luck for next cycle.

Bblues9: I think mild cramping and no blood is supposed to be a good sign so you never know... I'm not sure about those brands as I'm in the UK but I would check their sensitivity levels.

Ps, does anybody actually 'feel' pregnant? I feel deep down like I am but I don't have any of the common symptoms. No sore or veiny boobs, no sickness, I'm always super tired so no difference there, cm is normal...I do have the occasional tweak in my uterus and ovaries and I've got very sensitive teeth. But that's it.

Ps, does anybody actually 'feel' pregnant? I feel deep down like I am but I don't have any of the common symptoms. No sore or veiny boobs, no sickness, I'm always super tired so no difference there, cm is normal...I do have the occasional tweak in my uterus and ovaries and I've got very sensitive teeth. But that's it.

It's hard to say as I've never been pregnant before! I can't tell if I'm imagining symptoms or not.

I normally get sore boobs before AF but they never got sore this month - still aren't. Would make me feel better if they were! I've had some nausea but maybe it was psychological? It's disappeared now anyway.

I keep burping, like I've got trapped gas and have to keep banging my fist in my chest :D That's not usual for me. Also have lower back ache, more CM than usual and can't believe I've resorted to checking but cervix is always high and soft.

My eczema has suddenly got worse since date of missed period. Whatever that means!

Who knows? I'm driving myself crazy over-analysing everything. Spoke to my mum about it and she said her symptoms never started until much later. I just want to knooooooowww!!!

C beary - so sorry the witch got you. How long have you been ttc?

Bblues- wow, what a nightmare trying to second guess your body all the time! Have you ever tried temping to pinpoint ov? Hopefully this is it for you though. You should definitely test again! I'm from uk so not sure what tests to recommend but if you get First Response over there then give that a go!

Thanks Welshgem - this will be the sixth month now TTC. I've just never been late before so was a bit confused this cycle :shrug:

It's hard to say as I've never been pregnant before! I can't tell if I'm imagining symptoms or not.

I normally get sore boobs before AF but they never got sore this month - still aren't. Would make me feel better if they were! I've had some nausea but maybe it was psychological? It's disappeared now anyway.

I keep burping, like I've got trapped gas and have to keep banging my fist in my chest :D That's not usual for me. Also have lower back ache, more CM than usual and can't believe I've resorted to checking but cervix is always high and soft.

My eczema has suddenly got worse since date of missed period. Whatever that means!

Who knows? I'm driving myself crazy over-analysing everything. Spoke to my mum about it and she said her symptoms never started until much later. I just want to knooooooowww!!!

I'm driving myself crazy with it too. I can spend hours on my phone just googling different signs and symptoms.

Talking of which, I had a horrid nights sleep because I felt so nauseous.

Could barely wait to test again this morning but another stark white test. BFN :(

I feel for you, just sitting here myself looking at my own BFN this morning. It's a great sign you felt you nauseous though right? How many cycle days are you now?

I think I'm finally giving up hope for myself, I would have had a positive by now, today is cd43 :(

Where is my f***ing period?! Agghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hi ladies,

I did the naughty 3 weeks ago, 3 or 2 days before ov'd... i have still not come on my af but i have give 3 negative tests got a lovely evap line on a blue dye though.... I fell different too though... when my period is due i have sore boobs for like 7-8 days before, and i cramp the min i start... but i have gone up a cup size, my boobs are painless and i have had twinges / slight cramp (nothing like a period) on a of for about 5 days..i have started feeling sick and have a lot of gas, bloated and less hungry.....

I feel for you, just sitting here myself looking at my own BFN this morning. It's a great sign you felt you nauseous though right? How many cycle days are you now?

I think I'm finally giving up hope for myself, I would have had a positive by now, today is cd43 :(

Where is my f***ing period?! Agghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Well today is CD33 so I'm about a week late.

I just went to the toilet and had some faint pink stripes on the paper after wiping. Looked more watery than bloody and don't feel like AF is coming as I don't have the tell tale signs but I'm assuming this is her signal to let me know she's coming :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->