AF late, thought I had implantation bleeding, but BFN... please read!

Dani88

Reaction score
I want to start off by saying that I really appreciate you reading this. Thank you. My husband and I have been trying to conceive our 1st for the past 7 months with no luck. This whole time we’ve been keeping it to ourselves, so it’s nice to be able to talk about this on here with ladies that are going through similar situations. I will try to keep this as short as possible, without leaving out the important details.
This is the first month we’ve used preseed and it is also the first month I did not track ovulation. It was starting to get to me and we wanted to try a more relaxed approach. My cycles are pretty regular (normally 28 days) and I spot for a day or so before AF fully arrives. I track CD1 as the first full on day of AF (i.e. this past cycle started April 1st, but I was spotting for two days before that). I was scheduled for AF yesterday (April 29) and I still am waiting today.
Yesterday morning I POAS and got a BFN. Normally I am at least spotting by now (and that’s if I am a day or two late, which hasn’t happened in the past 7 months of trying… which is as far back as I can remember). So instead I’ve been getting a lot of CM (I keep going to the bathroom to check if AF has arrived because I am very wet) which is not the norm. My cycle started April 1st and on April 22 I had what I thought was implantation bleeding… a dot of pink only when I wiped and this only lasted for the afternoon – a few hours (I know because I kept going to the bathroom every hour to check if AF was a week early). Then on Friday morning I had another spot of pink on tissue (size of a tip of a pencil) and (warning tmi coming up) my cm smelt really odd –it was so strong (I wasn’t trying to smell it or anything lol). The strange odor coming from me only lasted for a day.
I’ve been having back pain (not awful, but noticeable and similar to how I feel during my period or right before), my boobs have been hurting and I have been getting twinges down there (but that is how I always feel before AF)and I have been feeling a little nauseous. I had a dream about holding a baby girl and I can’t get it out of my head. Today my mouth feels extremely dry and I feel very warm and dehydrated.
So between the implantation bleeding (if that’s what it was) and the extra CM that is not normal I thought I might have an actual chance this month. AF hasn’t arrived, but I would think that by testing with my first morning urine on the day of expected AF I would have seen a bit of a line, but nothing… BFN :( I just want to move on to Cycle 8 of trying if I am not pregnant. I hate the not knowing. Does anyone have advice for me or has had a similar situation and can share the outcome?

Didn't want to read and run. And I'm sorry I can't offer better advice. What your describing has happened to me twice and happening right now. I can't say that what your experiencing will have the same outcome but I do believe I implanted a week before af was due. Last time I was pregnant and it came up positive 16days after ovulation so 2 days afrer af. Unfortunately that ended in a miss misscarriage.
This time I spotted 5days after ovulation and I'm now having the start of af 2 days late. I believe this one may have been a chemical. I will test again after this bleeding stops but I'm pretty certain this is my period. Sorry I couldn't help more, just thought is share my experience. Do let me know how it all turns out. Good luck sweetie xx

I'd say wait two days and test again. I've had bleeding mid cycle before and I wasnt pregnant because the bleeding happened before ovulation so I got checked out to make sure nothing else was going on with me(I've never had this happen to me before so I just wanted to make sure there was no infection or something). My Dr said sometimes it just happens for no reason. Our bodies can be so confusing sometimes. :/

I wish I had advice for you, but I don't other than wait two days and test again which I know is agonizing.

Bright side, our cycles are very similar. I spot the day before I get my full blown AF. I spotted the last day of March and got AF on April 1st as well. :) I just got back to my usual cycles after getting my IUD, so I was expecting to spot on Monday and get AF on Tuesday. I started tracking my temps around CD 17, and they have been all over the place. So if it's any comfort to you, I'm BFNing all over the place as well. I think I may have Oed late based off of those temps but who knows, and if you're not tracking you could have also Oed late.

Thanks everyone for reading and for responding. Your support means a lot. I will test Saturday morning if I haven't started spotting before then and I will let you know the verdict.

Update: So this evening I started spotting a light pink mixed in with cm, but only when I wipe. I have a pad on and there is nothing on it. Normally when I start it is completely different... AF normally starts off with a darker brown. I don't know if this is AF starting or what is going on. I still am a little bit hopeful. My left boob has been in a lot of pain all evening as well (never has hurt this bad before). I also don't have PMS or AF cramps like I normally do. What do you guys think?

Another update: The spotting when I wipe no longer occurs. No sign of AF yet and I am now 3-4 days late which has never happened before. I took a test and it was another BFN :(

Hi Dani, just wanted to chip in as I am in exactly the same position as you - CD1 was April 1st, my cycles are very regular, 27/28 days, and I'm on CD32 right now - no symptoms whatsoever, not even my usual PMS, and I got a very obvious BFN this morning. I've never been this late before either! Strange.
Good luck to you xx

Hi Dani, just wanted to chip in as I am in exactly the same position as you - CD1 was April 1st, my cycles are very regular, 27/28 days, and I'm on CD32 right now - no symptoms whatsoever, not even my usual PMS, and I got a very obvious BFN this morning. I've never been this late before either! Strange.
Good luck to you xx

Thanks for replying. It makes me feel better that I am not the only one going through this. It's hard to be hopeful when I keep seeing a BFN, but so strange that I'm this late. Good luck to you too. Keep me posted.:flower:

I know how this feels! We tried for so long with my DD.

The truth is, everyone is so different! I have never had any spotting, pregnant or not so I can't really comment. It really just depends on your body. Some people will, and it means they're pregnant, some people won't and they're pregnant, and etc. My best friend who is pregnant said she knew because she was having bad lower back pain (cramp like) that she had never had before. Pregnancy hormones should be doubling everyday at this point, so if there are no other issues (PCOS, etc) then I suggest testing every morning with your first morning urine. Unfortunately, you will just have to play the waiting game until you know! It sucks I've been there! Hugs :hugs:

Thank you for the support everyone. AF arrived Sunday morning (4 days late). It was the most strange cycle I've had yet. It keeps getting harder. We started NTNP in the summer last year and started actively trying in October... It's coming up on a year soon and every month I get a BFN I worry more and more that something is wrong. Trying to stay positive and not stress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->