Af like cramping

Doodlebug88

Reaction score
This is my first pregnancy and I'm 4w 6 days. Most days I've had some af like cramping and just wondered if this is normal?

Hey :)
Glad to see you over here now.
Completely normal. I'm still getting it at 5+2.
Somedays I'm so wet I feel like she has come and I rush to check and nothing. Baby is just settling in really well :) or at least that's how I like to think of it

Yep, totally normal. Some days it feels just like AF is coming.

Oh yes - it lasts about 3 weeks with me, then followed the stretching/ligament pains!

Thanks for the reassurance guys. Going to be a long 7 weeks until the scan

Yep, I had this for a couple of weeks right after my bfp! Totally normal - there's lots going on in there! :)

Congrats on your BFP!

Totally normal. I've still got it every once in a while. Congrats on your BFP!! H&H 9 months to you :)

Yep, totally normal. My early pregnancy cramping was even worse than my normal AF cramping. When my doctor first looked at my ultrasound screen, she said "oh, your baby has a really good impant!", and I said "yeah, and I felt every second of it.." LOL

yup totally have that - and its normal!!

It doesn't go away either for some of us. I still have that happening :)

Helloo ladies! I'm completely new to joining the website, in fact this is my first post, although I've enjoyed reading some of the forums before now :)
Doodlebug your forum made me sign up! I am 5 weeks today, like you right?? I had my first BFP this morning and me and the OH are just so dizzyling happy. But like you I've been having period like cramps since just before I was due my period and sore breasts as usual, definitely thought it was coming, then I took a test today just to check why my period was late so it would stop playing on my mind and what do you know, two lines :D I don't think the cramps are anything to worry about honestly, I've read in a lot of places it is normal.
Also sickness has been slowly getting worse over the week... Congratz to all the expectant mummies <3 Sorry for the long post hehe xXx

Helloo ladies! I'm completely new to joining the website, in fact this is my first post, although I've enjoyed reading some of the forums before now :)
Doodlebug your forum made me sign up! I am 5 weeks today, like you right?? I had my first BFP this morning and me and the OH are just so dizzyling happy. But like you I've been having period like cramps since just before I was due my period and sore breasts as usual, definitely thought it was coming, then I took a test today just to check why my period was late so it would stop playing on my mind and what do you know, two lines :D I don't think the cramps are anything to worry about honestly, I've read in a lot of places it is normal.
Also sickness has been slowly getting worse over the week... Congratz to all the expectant mummies <3 Sorry for the long post hehe xXx

Hi mummafrog yes I am 5weeks and 1 day. Congrats on your BFP. I think I'm just going to worry about everything as its my first so don't know what's normal and what I should worry about x

Wow hehe we're exactly the same :) Yeah I understand, I was just on my feet cooking and stuff and got cramps that felt exactly like my period is coming.. it makes me worry :/ Trying to just let it be.
How are you feeling this evening?

How exciting having someone to share the journey with. Cramps at still there but just have to not think about it. Going to try and enjoy it as much as possible. Feeling ok really sore bbs and get a bit tired sometimes but no sickness or nausea yet!
How you feeling so far? Xx

Yes, it's so nice to have someone to talk to who's at the same stage! :D
I've still got cramps too, but it seems like they are getting less regular? Since last week anyway.. My breasts have been continuously sore since before I missed my period and it's just getting worse.. oouch hehe. The tiredness with me hasn't been bad yet, but starting to feel sick more and more, also usually I get up once in the night to wee, for the last few nights it has been twice, which is annoying haha.

Loving every minute already, enjoying noticing all these interesting things happening to my body..
When are you seeing your doctor? I should be able to get an appointment for Wed afternoon.

<3

My bbs feel like there bruised. I also feel a bit bloated last few days too. It is exciting to think what's going on inside. I love the pics that show you the size. We are calling our the seed right now haha :flower:

I saw my doctor on Wednesday. Just got given lots of information and had to fill out a form. I'm due around 9th June. Should see the midwife about 10 weeks and first scan at 12 weeks xx:happydance:

I haven't felt bloated but have an aversion to food at the moment, but if my stomach is empty I feel more sick so I try and make myself haha, usually once I've started eating I'm fine ^^
Yeah the progress pictures are amazing! Right now ours are like 2mm long, TINY! :D hehe we like the words bean and bub :)

Wow I'm the 9th of June too! So nice to have found you <3
Are you taking any nutrients/supplements yet? I've got the pregnacare with folic acid and vitimins in, but expensive though o.o
xx

I had a little nausea actually when I was hungry the other day and have found I get hungry sooner than before. Bean and bub are cute names :)

Wow we are the same. I'm glad to find you and happy to have someone other than oh to share it with. I'm taking folic acid and have been since we started trying and gp said to take vitamin d so just need to get some. How long we're you trying? Xx

Yeah I had an aversion to food for a few days but now I'm starting to get hungry more quickly and wanting more, so probably better for the bean :)

Yes me too, my oh is wonderful to talk to and so excited but sometimes you just need a lady who knows how it feels, eh? hehe <3

We weren't actually ttc! We were for about three months but then due to a situation change we both decided to go back to condoms last month (although we weren't completely careful) and what do you know, as soon as we stop trying, it happens :') Even though we stopped trying we were still soo happy and we just take it as meant to be :D
But technically you could say we were ttc for four months before I got pregnant hehe

What about you hun? Were you ttc? When did you test and get your BFP? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->