AF = Low Supply????

rocemom

Mother of 1 expecting
Reaction score
Okay I know there have been post before on this but I cant seem to find them.

It appears AF:af: has decided to come back Maybe( not like a normal flow, very spotty an light almost like blodd show) Sorry if TMI

This has been going on for 4 days now roughly and LO has been fussy at the breast.

But My supply when it comes to pumping has gone to half. Im really concerned becasue we just made it to 6months:happydance: and I dont want to say were at the end becasue I know she doesnt want to be. (tugging at my shirt to get to me :winkwink:)
Im starting to do my fenugreek about a gallon of tea a day if not more and going to make some of those lactation cookies today.

But is this just a lost cause and should I prepare for the end or will it pass?
Can someone please offer some advice?

My toddler LLL leader did say that toward the end of your period your supply will tend to decrease just a bit, but it should come back with in a day or so. I have noticed this with my son.

I just got my period back on the 30th of August, and I'm nearing the end of it and I've felt the past few days like my supply was lower for sure too. I've been using some of my EBM in the freezer to top her up and for her night feed (then pumping and getting nothing) and she seems more content... I sure hope mine comes back because we're not ready for the end yet... not at all... :(

This happened to me at around 5 months, when AF returned. I spoke to a Lactation Consultant and she said the return of AF can often coincide with a dip in supply. I took Fenugreek for a few days and it picked back up again and seemed to stay that way :thumbup:

I just got my period back on the 30th of August, and I'm nearing the end of it and I've felt the past few days like my supply was lower for sure too. I've been using some of my EBM in the freezer to top her up and for her night feed (then pumping and getting nothing) and she seems more content... I sure hope mine comes back because we're not ready for the end yet... not at all... :(

It will come back. I find it just seems to be the last couple days of my period when this happens. Once my period is finished, it's fine.

It will come back. I find it just seems to be the last couple days of my period when this happens. Once my period is finished, it's fine.

Thanks! :) Tonight even it seems to feel a little different, fuller I guess you could say. I'm going to pump tomorrow morning and see what I get too after her morning feed. I would love to wake up and leak a little LOL sure would ease my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->