AF not back yet. Wanting #2!

HopefulEm

Reaction score
DD is almost a year now and recently I've started to really badly want baby #2. Not having a period while breastfeeding has been a great perk, but I really wish it would come back now!

Mine came back at 8 months PP, but were irregular and I'm sure that I had a lot of anovulatory cycles. I weaned at 15 months because he was ready and I really wanted my cycles to regulate but it's been 3 cycles since I weaned and they still aren't regular yet. I'm starting to worry that they won't regulate by the time that we want to TTC this summer or worse that they will always be irregular from here on out. :nope:
Have you considered making abrupt changes to your nursing schedule (like taking out one feeding session during the day or night)? Many women find that this helps bring on their period faster. It's normal to have irregular cycles while breastfeeding when they do come back though so be aware that it might be a while before you actually start ovulating regularly, even if you wean entirely. Good luck and I hope that your PPP experience isn't nearly as frustrating for you as it has been for me (I was nearly always like clockwork before DS).

I JUST got mine back at 13 months PP. My son is now almost 15 months and I'm in my second cycle.

With my daughter I got it back at 10 months PP but they were all over the place and crazy. This time they're pretty normal so far, so it may be good that it didn't come back sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->