• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

AF or IB??

Betty.Rubble

One DD & Baking #2
Reaction score
Hello all. Haven't been on the forum for over a year so trying to remember the lingo!

We are TTC#2 and I have always had dodgy cycles. Sometimes they can be 40 days long, sometimes 90+. I get many OPK positives during the month which makes it hard to be sure when I actually ovulate.

I thought I was on CD 3... it started off as a light red then brown & gunky and now is a pink/red colour but still very scant. Hardly anything coming out. Only a few spots on a pantyliner each day. Cramping was pretty intense on CD1 but just barely there since. I've never had AF like this... it normally is light then turns to full flow in a day.

So my question is, how do I know if it is implantation bleeding, anovulatory bleeding or just a weird AF? Should I POAS? TIA

Hey love xx
I'd definitely say POAS! My implantation bleeding happened at 9 DPO. Did a test at 14 DPO and it was the strongest BFP I've ever seen! Little man is now 15 months old.
If the test comes back negative though, I would head off to the doctor and try and figure out why your cycles are so over the place. I had endometriosis (the cause of my many mcs) as well as extremely irregular cycles (I wasn't ovulating). I started taking Vitex and my cycles became 28 days to the tee. 3 months later I got my BFP. Again, if the test is negative, go and see the doctor and try to figure out what's happening xx It'll be a lot easier to track O and all that if you can get your cycles under control
Welcome back and lots of sticky baby dust to you xx Keep us updated <3

Thank you! It seems to be getting a little heavier so will test on Thursday morning if still not sorted.

Irregular cycles are such a pain aren't they? Best of luck to you and I have my fingers crossed for you that AF stays away and it's just break through bleeding or something xx

I think it is AF just very slow to start now haha. Thanks though! Will get a check up with the doctor.

I think it is AF just very slow to start now haha. Thanks though! Will get a check up with the doctor.

Darn :( Sorry to hear that xx
Update when you've seen the doctor? If you want to of course xx Best of luck

AF has come in full flow overnight so I'm counting today as CD2. Spoke to hubby and he's suggested that we see what my next cycle does. If it doesn't get shorter then I will make an appointment for the docs. Thanks for your support :)

Hello, this is my first time on a message board. I don't mean to hop on your post but I have some questions too maybe someone can answer. I should have started af on December 27. Af to me is usually very heavy the first two days followed by medium flow for two days, followed by one day of light flow. The cycle I had on December 27 was very scant. Light bleed after wiping on day one, same for day two a little heavier day three (maybe soaked one tampon entire day) and day four very little then stopped. Very unusual for me. I am too scared to test and see a negative. I guess I should just do it. Some other symptoms include a headache, full breasts, loss of appetite, dizzy, cold sore (before af was even supposed to come) and I'm usually very colt but lately have been tearing through the blankets bc I'm so hot. I don't chart but I do track. I have also been very tired, going to bed an entire hour earlier than normal and have very sore tummy near ovary. Left ovary seems like it's throbbing and now as of late feels like they both are throbbing. Opinions? Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"