AF Pain - What helps you?

xZoeyx

Reaction score
Morning Ladies...

AF got me yesterday, which is fine as I kinda want a March baby anyway! :blush:

But this month I am really suffering with the achey stomach, and nothing seems to help! Some months I get hardly anything and other months I get agonising pains that I would rate @ 9 out of 10 (10 being hit by a train) but that's because my IBS kicks in when AF arrives and makes it 100 times worse...

I have tried Feminax, and once in a blue moon it works, I am a pill popping junkie anyway because I reguarly take 2 Paracetomol + 1 Ibuprofen a few times a day to battle constant headaches, so my body thinks absolutely nothing of these, so needless to say they don't even take the edge off the stomach ache.

Hot water bottles are nice but definitely not effective...

Any other ideas?

Normally I would just laugh at the pain and battle it out but I am a receptionist in a very busy hotel, so as you can imagine, it's torture sitting there in agony and still having to smile and get on with it, even though you can barely stand up straight, so I need a quick fix!

P.S I am going to tescos before work to stock up on tampons, any suggestions of things to be purchased from there? (It'll only be tesco express as my car is off the road so getting bus to work which doesn't go past the big tescos)

Thats a strange technique, I guess at home there is no harm but I have to go to work, thats my problem lol...not sure they would appreciate me sat there with a hairdryer on my stomach... :p

Hi Zoey

I know how you feel with regards to AF pain. It's weird cos my most debilitating cramps came before my PCOS triggered and now the pain quotient is less but definitely still in the league of Bad Hurty Acheyness. Paracetamol takes a couple of hours to actually do any good.

Once I used dissolvable aspirin in water, tasted nasty but my God did it do the trick so check and make sure you can take it and try it! Hopefully it works for you.

Awww that totally sucks. Hope this isn't
Tmi but have you tried orgasm? I swear it helps with my cramps! That and a hot bath!

ibuprofen, hot baths, massage, and basically doing a rain dance to make it stop lol I feel your pain. It's hard being a woman! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->