Af vs spotting when is cd1?

nixm

Reaction score
ok so just a quick history. I had 2mirenas in total 8 years. No periods at all on it. Took it out 7oct got 'af' on the 9th. Only 1 day of spotting. I got a positive opk on the 25th (cd 17). I was sure my cycle will be 30 days thus expecting af today (8th) but then I started spotting 2 days ago BUT my temp stayed high. It only dropped this morning and now no more spotting. So I am quite confused as to when cd1 is. I will definitely be using opks this month too. Any ideas? I am very new to charting, all of this actually :).

I'll be interested to know this as well. I've had spotting on 3 occasions but no real period so I'm confused. x

Cd1 is when you have to use some form of protection, not everyone gets 'red' blood when having AF, I say as soon as you need a pad/liner/tampon then that is CD1! x

The rule is you count from the first day of propper flow and don't count spotting. If you are not getting a propper flow maybe the spotting does count for you? Sometimes our bodies just don't follow the rules.

It is very common for cycles to me mixed up for a few months after coming off birth control. They might be irregular or you might not actually ovulate for a cycle or two. Likely things will settle soon and you will have regular cycles with propper periods after a while. In the mean time it can be fustrating trying to work out what is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->