AF weirdness

kristymarie17

Reaction score
Hey Ladies!

So OH and I have been TTC, we didn't get a sticky bean this last cycle, and AF showed up right on time, which was Saturday July 30th. She was normal on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. On Monday night it got SUPER light, where I didn't need a tampon, and when I woke up this morning there wasn't anything there either. After I got to work a couple hours later, I went to the bathroom and there was a little bit when I wiped but that's about it.

Now I've always been super regular, and my flow usually lasts around 5-6 days. The last 2 days being super light. Today is CD 4, and I don't believe I should've been than light yesterday. But I could just be thinking too much into it since I've been paying more attention to my cycles now that we're TTC.

Does anyone have an idea on why this cycle would be different than others? I'm probably just over-thinking it and everything is fine and normal. ay yi yi I drive myself nuts. ](*,) :sulk:

Have you tried taking a pregnancy test? I read that sometimes women have light period/spotting when they are pregnant.

Yes, i took a test at 10 DPO. and it was negative.

I think i'm just being too crazy and thinking too much into it.

It could have just been a weird AF. The AF before my BFP (that ended in a MC at 5 weeks) was really weird. Very light, only a few days of spotting, one day that I'd call light, followed by a few more days of spotting.

Maybe your lining was just a little thinner last cycle? Or maybe you're just paying closer attention to it because you're TTC?

My advice, this early on in your TTC journey, try not to over think things. Just enjoy it and have fun. Because if it happens for you within a few months, that's awesome and you'll know things are working as they should. But if you get past the 6 month mark and you've been over thinking things since cycle 1 or 2, it's a long time to be stressing! DH and I enjoyed it for the first 3 cycles before I started temping and now going through testing. I would have been over it, exhausted and so stressed if I'd been stressing about this since the start. I'm not saying you're over thinking it, just remember to enjoy it as much as you can.

It could have just been a weird AF. The AF before my BFP (that ended in a MC at 5 weeks) was really weird. Very light, only a few days of spotting, one day that I'd call light, followed by a few more days of spotting.

Maybe your lining was just a little thinner last cycle? Or maybe you're just paying closer attention to it because you're TTC?

My advice, this early on in your TTC journey, try not to over think things. Just enjoy it and have fun. Because if it happens for you within a few months, that's awesome and you'll know things are working as they should. But if you get past the 6 month mark and you've been over thinking things since cycle 1 or 2, it's a long time to be stressing! DH and I enjoyed it for the first 3 cycles before I started temping and now going through testing. I would have been over it, exhausted and so stressed if I'd been stressing about this since the start. I'm not saying you're over thinking it, just remember to enjoy it as much as you can.

So sorry to hear about your MC. Are you TTC #1?

I haven't even ordered testing strips for ovulation, or a basal thermometer and AF is practically over. So it looks like I won't be charting this month either.

Everyone keeps telling me to have fun with it and if it happens it happens. But OH wants it sooner than later. He said he's getting too old for how many kids he wants. And I feel bad every time that stupid witch shows up he gets so sad.

But Thank you!!! we're going into this cycle with positive vibes and confidence.

Yes TTC#1. We are just entering our 10th month and it's not going to happen this cycle because I'm not ovulating.

Many women fall pregnant without needing OPKs and temping. But it can help with timing. They say it can take healthy women 12 months to conceive. 12 months of TTC feels so much longer than 12 months in the 'real world'.

DH and I want a big family. At this stage the more the better but we'd be happy with 4-5. But stressing and worrying about this isn't going to change any of the facts.

It's an emotional roller coaster. One moment you'll be doing ok then it's frustrating, you're angry, life's not fair etc. But try not it let it get to you this early.

If you do start charging, read Taking Charge Of Your Fertility first. I just read it last month after charting for 6 months. I wish I'd read it before.

Feel free to private message me if you want to chat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->