AF with extended Breastfeeding and TTC #2 - Rant

mrsclt

Reaction score
We've been trying to conceive number 2 for about 9 months now(well, really since my little man was born Jan last year, but AF has been consistently showing for around 9 months), and I have to say that periods while breastfeeding are just a pain in the butt that just constantly mess with your head!!!
I got my first AF at 7-8 weeks post partum, was normal. None for the next 4 months. Then 3 months of getting them every 20 days, lasting on average around 12 days each. Then 2 long cycles of 44 and 40 days, around 10 days long each. Then a 'normal' cycle - 30 days and period was only 8 days and I thought Finally! They are getting back to normal... Next cycle has lasted 44 days so far and AF is still AWOL :/
So frustrated!
Especially as around cycle day 20 I had fertile CM for about a week with a positive OPK, yet HPT's last week were all negative and if I did O it'd make me almost 2 weeks late... But I'm betting its the breastfeeding delaying it again. It's also screwed up my bbt temps so I cant use that to track either. I mostly only BF at night now as well, but trying to wean as he's nearly 15 months and I would like him to start sleeping through the night.
So over the waiting game; Will AF come? Am I pregnant yet? Why isn't AF here yet when HPT is negative still? Should I buy more HPT's and just keep testing till AF shows or should I just save my money?
Just, over it!
Anyone else in the same boat? Share your rant!
Rant over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->