afraid that I might have placental abruption :(

dolly5x3

Reaction score
I'm 18 weeks and 4 days and have been having pain in my lower abdomen for two days now. I posted a thread before thinking I might've just pulled a muscle but it doesn't feel like that anymore. The pain is much worse today and is now in my back also. It's so bad it's making me nauseous and I literally feel like crying. I have an appointment today for an ultrasound so I'm going to mention it. Do you think they would be able to see on the ultrasound if I really do have placental abruption?

i would imagine so. from what i read, they should be able to see the placenta on the scan. sorry, i havent had any pains yet. good luck!!! let us know. hope you get some relief soon.

Yes definitely they will be able to see I'd mention it beforehand x

Fingers crossed hun! Though you didnt mention any bleeding and with an abruption I would have thought there to be some bleeding some if you don't have that yet then think positive. Rest in the mean time and lets hope its one of those pregnancy pains we sadly have to deal with!

Hope it's just bad RLP or BH and not something worse. Definitely good to mention it. Good luck with your scan. Will be thinking of you! :flower:

Defintiely mention it, but my RLPs have been very bad this time around. It honestly feels like I have damaged them somehow.

Please let us know what happens at the ultra sound!

It's possible to have a placental abruption with no bleeding, but very rare. I would be very surprised if you had one. Also, very uncommon at 18 weeks.

My ultrasound went very well! I mentioned the pain to my doctor and he said nothing looks wrong. Didn't say what could be causing the pain but I'm glad everything is alright. I'm still have the sharp pain though in my lower stomach :/ hurts worse when I'm up and moving.

Glad to hear everything seems to be ok! Really does sound like RLP - espcially if it's mostly happening when you're moving around. Hope that starts to ease up soon. :hugs:

Thats very positive that nothing showed on the scan:thumbup: I have chronic placental abruption, for me it was a sharp pain on the lower left side, like a ripping, complete agony literally couldnt move or catch breath but only lasted a few minutes, after baby wasnt as active, did have a large bleed but a few days later and the area was seen on ultrasound. Does sound more like ligament stretching or SPD if you're having trouble walking:hugs:

So happy everything was okay. I had the same kind of pain for about a week at around 15 weeks. Turns out it was just pulled ligaments.
If you are ever worried pop in and see your midwife she will listen for baby and have a feel of your tummy. And try not to listen to all the what if stories, they will drive you crazy.

I was in Facebook last night and saw this post circling about a lady who had had a placenta abruption, no real point to the story she was just getting her story out there.
I hate all the fear mongering people feel the need to impact of pregnant women. It's not as if we aren't stressed enough already without people trying to terrify us with the very rare what ifs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->