African or African-Americans TTC

mrskcbrown

Wife & mom of 3
Reaction score
Hi I wanted to start a thread of African or African-American moms who are TTCing. I just know that we may have similar things in common as it relates to pregnancy and family. Its a sisterhood, and I just want us to be able to encourage one another in love through Christ. So wont you join in? Tell us where you are in your journey, how long you have been TTCing and anything else you want us to know!:flower:

I have been TTCing almost 11 months, and right now I am in my fertile days so we are :sex: like crazy. I have one daughter from a previous marriage who is 9 yrs old.

GL on your :bfp: as I know they are coming soon!

:dust::dust: to all!

**Update: Got my BFP on June 9, 2010 after 15 months of TTCing.**
**Update: Malcolm Josiah was born at 41 weeks, 1 day, weighing 10lbs, 10oz, and 22 inches long on 2/25/11 @ 3:26pm.**
***Pregnant with number 3, August 26, 2014***

Me!Me!Me! LOL. We've been ttc for 15 months after a missed miscarriage last year. We have had tons of tests and everything came back normal. So why are we not pregnant? Ha! Your guess is as good as mine. Unexplained infertility is the answer. Not one that I like but that's all the dr's can tell us.

Hey I live in uk but my fam from st lucia.

Came off bcp in July, bfp in nov but ended in mc. On first cycle after af and desperatly want my own family x

Welcome! Sorry to hear about your loss...:flower: I hate that term "unexplained infertility". Keep praying you will get BFP. I believe that!

hi there!! I'm Lisa, 26, and I'm from Tennessee. I have 2 boys and as of today, I'm ttc #3 (had bc out and it hurts like hell!). DH and I decided to go ahead and ttc as this would be our last one.

Hi there...I'm 30 and DH and I are officially NTNP/WTT. But definitely wanted to at least extend my support of your efforts to conceive. Nice to see sister love in here....

Welcome Kareen, Wanabamummy, Lovinglife83, and Girlblue! I am so excited to have you all here.

@Lovinglife83: What part of Tennessee do you live in? I work in Memphis, but I live in Mississippi. I have been here 3 yrs. Good luck on your journey to conceiving your last precious baby!

@Girlblue: Yes I love positive sister love because so many people portray us as being "angry" and "bitter"! GL on your journey. Will this be your first?

@Kareen & wanabamummy: So happy you are here!:hugs:

DH and I have been BDing like crazy! I have PCOS so I have to take metformin + clomid in order to ovulate every month. The crazy part is that I usually ovulate a bit earlier than what is calculated through all these online calculators, LOL. So I dont want to miss it this time. Over the holidays my grandma told me to "make her a boy", LOL. In my mind, I was like if only she knew!!!:dohh: :hugs:

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to drop in and give my support to you all. I love to see sistas supporting sistas. Mrskcbrown, I really hope that this is your month. I do believe that the Lord hear and answers prayers. So all of you keep the faith and don't give up. I am here if you would like to talk. I'm from Mississippi as well, so we got to stick together. Just a thought, maybe you should have started you ladies a buddy team.

Good Luck to you all and my prayers are with you. xoxo

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to drop in and give my support to you all. I love to see sistas supporting sistas. Mrskcbrown, I really hope that this is your month. I do believe that the Lord hear and answers prayers. So all of you keep the faith and don't give up. I am here if you would like to talk. I'm from Mississippi as well, so we got to stick together. Just a thought, maybe you should have started you ladies a buddy team.

Good Luck to you all and my prayers are with you. xoxo

Thanks Dede80! I am still trying to figure this BNB thingy out. How would I start a buddy thingy:winkwink:? I am from Southaven, are you close to here? Congrats on your :bfp:! I really, really do hope this is our month. Every month I feel like I just want to give up, but God. Ten months!! My DH said yesterday, "if this isnt our month......(he hesitates)....then we will just try again next month". LOL, as if he was going to say something else!:happydance: Yes I will be asking you a ton of questions! Blessings to you!:hugs:

Hi there, I am not TTC I just wanted to send you all some baby dust..:dust: I really miss the support in TTC. My stay wasnt for very long but I loved it here. Oh and Im black and my fiance is white..x Sending lots of positive baby vibes your way x

Coming through to sprinkle some baby dust. Not TTC but check in here every now and then.

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

I am from Vicksburg. You can start a thread under TTC buddies and just link it to this thread so that everybody will know where you are at. I am here anytime, just IM me if I don't come this way soon. I try to stop in and read how you guys are doing from time to time.

xoxo

Hey ladies,

Just wanted to send some baby dust your way...

I'm from the uk and both OH and my parents are from the caribbean and was in TTC for about a month before i got my :bfp: and graduated lol

Just wanted to wish you all the best off luck and i'll keep popping in here every now and then to stalk all your progresses... And i'm here if anyone wants to talk or whatever :flower:

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL AND HAPPY :sex: AS WELL XXXXXXXXXX

Welcome EternalRose, TickledPink and Birmz85!
Thanks for coming by and sprinkling :dust:! We appreciate it and congrats on your :bfp:'s!!!! I am going to try and make this a buddy thread. Stay tuned as I try to do that!!!:dohh:

@Mrskcbrown, I'm from chattanooga...

@DeDe80, your due date is my eldest birthday!

Cool, Lovinglife. I spent many summers in Chattanooga on Duncan st.! My grandmother was born and raised there. Now I think it is about 6 hours from me in Mississippi.:hugs:

Count me in! We live in Charlotte, NC and this was our first cycle of hardcore TTC (BBT, OPKs, and the works).

Count me in! We live in Charlotte, NC and this was our first cycle of hardcore TTC (BBT, OPKs, and the works).

LOL thats funny, hardcore TTC! I like that! Welcome, and we are so glad you are here.

Well I didnt go hardcore this cycle but more of a relaxed approach. I just pinpointed my ovulation days and been getting "busy" LOL.

:dust::dust: to you!

To those of us who are TTCing, when will you be testing? I would like to update this thread with our test dates.:coffee:

I will be testing January 17.

Wow! It's so nice to see so many "women of colour" here. What great support. For you ladies that already have a "bun in the oven", prepare yourselves for a million and one questions! LOL As for the testing.....Jan. 23 is my day! Wishing us all luck. And a Happy New Year ladies!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->