After 5 years finally a BFP.....but will it stick?

Leaah

Reaction score
Yay finally got our BFP on February 12th!!! DH and I were so happy and are desperately trying to hang on to that, however I have been spotting from February 18 until now. (Just when I wipe sorry tmi) I visited urgent care on February 22nd and was checked via pelvic exam and us. There was a heartbeat and pole however the spotting hasn't stopped. I have another us scheduled for Tuesday and hoping all is okay but doesn't seem like we'll have a positive outcome. Anyone have any experience or knowledge of this happening before and had a successful pregnancy? Can't help but worry.

Congrats Hun on you BFP!

Spotting doesn't always necessarily mean bad. I spotted with my little man from 7-9 weeks as I had a subchorionic hematoma which is a collection of blood in the uterus. Usually the blood will reabsorbed back into the uterus. My little man was born healthy and all was fine :) Did you speak to the doctors, did they not give you any indication of what is causing the spotting?

Hi congratulations Hun. I spotted with my dd till 10 weeks and she was born healthy and was overdue as well lol. As long as there is no clot and it is not bright red, then u r k. Congrats once again x

Congrats!
Ask your dr. to do some blood work for you. Progesterone, HCG...

Congrats on your :bfp:

FX that everything is fine! I haven't had experience of spotting but I know someone who did but had a h&h pregnancy- wishing the same for you!!

Congratulations! The scan sounded like everything's going ok. A heartbeat is a very positive sign.

People can bleed for a few reasons other than mc in pregnancy.

With dd1 I had spotting from cervical erosion. Which is harmless.

I agree with pp about asking for blood work doing.

Good luck

Thank you for your responses I'm really trying to hang on to hope!! The urgent care ob diagnosed me with a threatened miscarriage which basically she said she didn't know why I was bleeding right now . She said to monitor it and I guess hope it stopped but they did no blood work. She did mention that seeing a heart beat reduces my risk of miscarriage. Still the continuous bleeding is terrifying!

I too had the "threatened miscarriage" diagnosis with this LO. I bled from weeks 7-9.. when it forst started it was a full on period like bleed for a few hours then just when I wiped. Had several ultrasounds and pelvic exams. All was fine each time and they couldn't tell me why I was bleeding. It stopped and baby has been fine. Don't start counting yourself out yet. Spotting in early pregnancy is common. Ask your doctor to run a hcg and progesterone check to make sure your levels are increasing as they should.

Congratulations on your bfp. A friend of mine bled lightly for almost 6 weeks and still gave birth to a healthy baby girl who is 5 now. Hoping that the spotting/bleeding stops soon.

Thank you so much for your replies. It calms me to read them. I hope this baby sticks however after more spotting and another u/s yesterday we found that I should be at 7 weeks but the fetal heart rate although present is low at 95. I'm trying to stay optimistic.

Congrats and I hope your spotting stops so you can enjoy! X

Last update on this thread. Went in for an ultrasound today with my ob and there was no heartbeat. I am just waiting to miscarry my baby now. Still want to congratulate the rest of you and thank you for your responses.

So so sorry to read the news, thinking of you xx

I am so sorry Leah. I can't even imagine how you must feeling now :hugs:

I'm so sorry sweetie, the mc section on here is amazing if you need some support. Thinking of you and your little angel x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->