After 8 months... good bye, pump!!

lomelly

Reaction score
Easing off pumping (down to 2x a day now) to stop altogether in a week or two. Can't say I'll miss pumping, but am amazed I did it for this long. I planned to stop at 6 months, but honestly.... I kept going because I'm too cheap to buy that much formula :haha:
Pointless thread, just an official good bye to pumping! If you have any tips to make my boobs not ache and get engorged when I stop, that would also be appreciated ;)

YAY!

Just keep decreasing the volume you pump off gradually to avoid engorgement/mastitis. If you stop cold turkey, you will likely be VERY uncomfortable and could get an infection.

I hope I don't get that! Maybe I'll have to do the ol' green cabbage leaf trick..

Well done pumping for so long! You should be very proud of yourself!

Wow do you have a 4 month stockpile? Or just doing formula? Either way good job going 8 months:)

No advice- just saying I can't wait to post this some day! I hate pumping and have to do it 4x a day!

thanks! and I HAD a huge stockpile but it's gone, all gone :( he started drinking more at 5 months so I went through it fast instead of buying formula. Just doing formula for the last 4 months :) Have been supplementing a bit for the last few months as he was sometimes drinking more than I made.
Maybe I'll have some wine to celebrate :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"