After a c-section......

cadippoz

Reaction score
Apologies if there is already a thread like this one here but I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced the same as me....

So i had an emergancy c-section on 14th Jan and welcomed my big boy (child No2) into the world with my husband by my side :kiss::cloud9::kiss:

However, now that i am over the swollen feet and generally feeling a bit "turned inside out" I have noticed that it is NOT my incision that hurts but between my belly button and the incision that ACHES, Im thinking that it is all the internal bruising....does this sound about right?? I know it sounds wierd but i thought i should be in more pain :shrug: actually where they cut me???

I felt the same hun, I think its where they cut your womb open to get baby out, and they have to tug quite hard to get them out as well so I imagine there's probably more healing to do inside than the cut on the outside.

I had swollen feet for months after my c-sec, i went to the docs and he told me it was common and should go back to normal within a few months. My feet were prob normal 6months afterwards! xx

I felt as if I had been kicked in the stomach after my section. My actual incision only hurt when I laughed or moved/twisted too suddenly.
They are not exactly gentle when doing a C-Section, so I imagine there was quite a bit of internal bruising.

Yeah, I felt battered and bruised all around my middle for weeks afterwards!! The feet swelling went down for me after about 2 weeks! Hope you're ok hun, and congratulations!

For me it took about a good month for me to feel as if I wasn't going to injure myself further by simple movements. Totally normal though.

I had an emergency c-section 3 months ago and I still feel numb, sore and itchy. My health visitor says it takes up to a year to recover.

I had am emergency section on 29 december after failed forceps and a month on I dont feel pain as such but achiness and soreness like you're describing, I was wndering if this was normal as I had an infection after my section so I'm glad to find this thread x

Totally normal. It can take a long, long time to recover from a c-section, they're so rough! I still don't feel the same. Feel better! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->