After almost 3 years of trying i got my BFP!!!!!

Tater91

Reaction score
I really wanted to do this for all the women still trying. When I was trying I would love to read about all the things other women were doing when they got their BFPs. So here we go! The Month we got our BFP I was taking B6, Prenatal and Folic acid, Hubby was taking a multivitamin and Zinc. The only time I would drink coffee was if AF was visiting. It was very difficult but it made me feel better. We started bding pretty early at CD 7 we used preseed skipped 2 days and had at it again and every time we had sex we used preseed. Waited a day then slipped in an AM round, started using OPKs and kept up with the every other day the day I got the positive hubby said it didn't look positive but I thought it did so we skipped that day. I some what kept taking opks thinking that I didn't ovulate.

On CD 25 I took a mid day prego test and I totally thought I saw a line but so faint that I just thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me. The next day was a Saturday so both hubby and I were home. I decided to take a test just to see. I was just expecting to see another negative like every other month. I dipped my Cheapy then went to sit with the hubby while we waited. This time I knew I could see a line and asked him if he could see it too and he could. I started crying like crazy and hubby wasn't quite sure why I was crying, so as I sob I try telling him I have never seen two lines before. In the picture of the Cheapies the one I took with the hubby is the one on the top the next two are the ones I took the next morning all taken with fmu. Hubby was not convinced that they were really positive so we went out and got the clear blue digi tests. He told me I had to wait til Monday to take one. I wasn't happy about having to wait until Monday but knew it would be better. It was so nerve racking having to wait. (Amazing feature on the one i took was a little tick bar to show the progress of the test. Made my wait just a little easier.) A couple of the days after getting out first positive i would see spotting nothing was bright it was all brownish but it was still had me on edge thinking that the pregnancy would not last. I can tell you it doesn't really get easy or simple when you find out you are pregnant after such a long time with no results. I worried that I would end up having a blight ovum (sack with no baby) or that the baby would stop growing, miscarriage.

Before we ever found out I was pregnant we had decided that we would wait till the end of the first trimester to tell anyone including family. Well that did not happen we ended up telling our close family on fathers day. We took a tour of the birthing center I want to give birth at then set up my first appointment which wasn't until i was 9 weeks pregnant (this last Tuesday). Then i had to go through the whole appointment and finally at the end they did an ultrasound to see if there were twins and to make sure there was a heart beat. I saw the little flicker of the heart hubby really didn't know what he was looking at or even looking for. We have one baby with a heart beat and that is all we really know until August 12th. I hope this gives you a little hope that it can and will happen for you.
Baby Dust to all!!!
If you have any questions feel free to ask i am an open book.

Attachments

• 20140608_085117.jpg
    20140608_085117.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 20140611_130611.jpg
    20140611_130611.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 32
  • 20140715_165218.jpg
    20140715_165218.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2014-06-09-11-03-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-09-11-03-24.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 12
Congrats, what a lovely post. There's hope from all of us ttc yet. Thanks :) xxx

Thanks. It took a lot of ups and downs. Keep your head up.

Congratulations! Hope you have a H&H 9 months! :flower:

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Thank you sharing and congratulations!!!!! H & H 9 months!!!

Congrats and thanks for posting thus and giving us hope :hugs:

Hi Tater! What were your symptoms leading to bfp?

I really didn't notice any symptoms at all except unusual amounts of discharge. I still had slight cramping like i was going to start my period. Not sure if I said it in the post but i spotted three different times, including the day i got my faint BFP.

Thank you everyone it has been a long road but I would not change any of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->