After BCP: did your symptoms change from month to month?

K

koala1

Have any of you have had your pre-AF symptoms change completely from month to month after going off BCP? My first cycle off BCP I had sore bbs, changes in my nipples, and nausea for a long time before AF. This cycle I'm pretty sure I ovulated 10 days ago so I should be having pre-AF symptoms by now. But I have zero change in bbs or nipples and no nausea. For three days I've had an increasingly sore and aching back as pretty much my only symptom. I don't recall ever having this as a pre-AF symptom before BCP. Is it possible my body is trying out different pre-AF symptoms after going off BCP? If so this is really annoying and I'm going to think I'm pregnant every cycle!

After going off BCP (on two different occasions) I found that the first three months after my pms symptoms changed. 4 months post BCP is when my body started being more consistent. That said there were still months that my body would trick me with certain symptoms that I usually didn't have. thus making me think I was pregnant.

Good luck!

Thanks... I was afraid this might be the case!! Were you TTC right after going off BCP, and how long did it take if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks... I was afraid this might be the case!! Were you TTC right after going off BCP, and how long did it take if you don't mind me asking?

When I was 19, went off the pill to TTC- it took 3.5 months :) That said, I probably wasn't having sex at the right times in the prior months, to get pregnant. The first month off bcp, I swore I was pregnant. my pill regulated 28 days cycle turned into a 32 day cycle and it threw me off completely. I even swore I had felt implantation. It was just my body adjusting and my mind playing tricks on me :(

In November 2012 I went off my bcp because I had gotten pregnant while on it (chemical :'( ) so we switched to the pull out method. I tracked all of my cycles from then on and my cycle was completely whacked up. 24 day cycles to as much as 34 day cycles. I think it finally straightened out by March.

Anyway, hope this helps, and good luck TTC :)

:flower:

Wow that must have been annoying having several months of out of whack cycles! Good to hear it straightened out eventually. I think mine may still be out of whack, I guess I'll see how long it takes. Thanks so much for your info! And sorry about your loss :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->