After C-Section HELP!!!! It's about Stitch reply ASAP

Thinksmart123

Reaction score
Can someone please answer this question? I had c-section 3 weeks ago .. My 2nd child . But first time didn't hurt as much as second, yesterday I notice a little swelling ... But today the skin is broken with a little white stitch sticking out!! What's that ? And why is it like that... Nothing else hurts just that part where the Stich is out.. It's not on the part that he cut ,n not on the incision .. But a little lower where I think was pulled before he closed the incision ... Please I need a reply ASAP. Thank you I'm so confused

Hi, are they soluble stitches? If not, then you might have a little infected area, which if seen to quickly enough might not need antibiotics. If I were you i'd contact GP first thin in the morning, and demand an on-the-day appointment, and if your surgery doesnt have saturday hours then NHS24 or NHS direct (if you're in UK) if you're not in uk then sorry ive no idea how you'd see a health professional, you'll know the syste better than me!

But yeah, get it seen to sooner rather than later because if infection spready it makes skin break more easily and also try not to do anything too strenuous - be gentle with yourself in the meantime. If you do live in UK, depending on your area the maternity triage might see you tonight, because if it IS infected (i cant tell without seeing but it sounds like it) then it needs treating asap.

good luck and take care x

I had dissolvable stitches and some of them came out, HV said it was fine. But seeing as though its causing you pain I'd say see a doctor just incase its infected

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->