After nearly 6 years I googled it.

capel

Reaction score
And I am glad I did not do it before. Sofia's diagnosis was of HIE (Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopaty). I never googled it before. But yesterday I did it.

The list of possible problems a child could have and the statisitcs were scary. I think according to it she is in the 10% with less problems (even though she is very disabled still). The list goes on and on with heart, lung, renal and all the disabilities she could have. What scared me the most is that it is 25% of causes of stillbirth and neonatal deaths. That she survived and is so well and happy is a blessing. She has no medical needs, and for me she is the most inteligent little girl in the world (as I say to BIL when he is driving me crazy, she does what she does with only half a brain, if that is not clever what is then?)

But if I knew all this before I would have worried sick. I just confirmed, Google can be your worst enemy.

That must have taken some strength, you are right it can be a complete nightmare. I couldn't stop myself after my daughter was born early due to chorioamnionitis/strep b and had to be fully resucitated. I know she survived by a miracle and astounded the drs, but I too was affected profoundly and I was obsessed with stillbirth and complications. Yet, I really could have done with it when my eldest was little (he is 15 now) and I only had reference books regarding autism as I didn't have internet then.

Glad your little is doing so well hun, can i ask was her condition due to her birth?
x

HIE (Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopaty)

It happens when the brain is starved of oxygen. Actually now it did not scare me because I know she does not have all those complications. I just realised how lucky she was.

Google sucks. It scared the crap out of me when Zoe was diagnosed with microcephaly. According to Google, my daughter has a death sentence. This is why I created her website. You wouldn't believe how many people I have visit the site and send me messages that they are so happy to have found her site and know that there is hope.

Unfortunately, Google likes to leave her site on pages that most of the population would never go beyond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->