After the Amanda Holden horror show....

Snoopy

Reaction score
...could some kindly second-time+ mummies please reassure me that it doesn't have to be the scream-fest that seemed to be?? :help:

It seems all my good work of reading, researching, hypnobirthing and calm preparation has been completely undone by 12 minutes of that programme! :blush:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit:

I think I need to modify my OP.....

It's not the screaming in itself that bothered me at all. That's just what works for some people. What disturbed me was how much she was spiralling out of control. If her screaming had been her way of coping, if she was actually coping, then that's fine.....no problem there! But she wasn't coping....

My biggest concern is not remaining relaxed. I couldn't give a monkey's how much I scream or swear, whether I'm the picture of serenity or red-faced and grunting. What concerns me is not being able to bear it, not remaining calm and the whole thing going haywire.

hey dont worry i never screamed once and only had g+a and i thought my pain threshold was rubbish- different people cope in different ways-
i have just seen you are having a home birth thats fantastic i am thinking of having one this time round-

all the best on the last 2 weeks and hope to have a brilliant birth :hugs:

Screaming is just the way some women let out their pain. A good scream can help the pain feel less if that's what your body wants to do!

I know. I'm also pooing myself now. Made the epidural look lovely :lol: xx

It reallt isnt like that all the time at all. I coped with G&A with my 2 and didnt scream and think i was quite relaxed. Plus I'm doing it for a 3rd time so really cant be that bad. Can it?? hehe I'm actually scared this time - dont know why lol.

Some people do just make a lot of noise I think. Please dont worry. xxx

i had epidural so its hard to say i wasnt far away from that before i had it but i think its just what sum woman do to deal with the pain, ppl handle it differnt x

As I said in another post, I didnt watch it. I had read reviews on the detail that was in it etc and decided it wasnt a good idea that I watch it cause it would probably make me worry to much and stress me out. So i seen it started and ended up turning tv off.
Fear of the unknown seems more appealing to me, that watching something that is gonna scare the crap outta me lol

Its diff for everyone hun, I kinda think she went ott at 1st but then again when i remembered back to having my 1st , i was crying in agony & begged for a section & yep was making some serious sounds. I also had spd & the mw's were forever opening & closing my legs giving me extra pain so i guess we dont know if she had that too or whether she was just in some serious pain hun. Not everyone screams not everyone has it fair easy either, All i can say is do not rule out drugs :)

Thanks to everyone so far :)

I guess I should've been clearer, maybe. I don't mind the screaming at all if that's how the woman's coping, it was seeing her lying on her side seemingly frantic with pain and completely out of control!

Other than the health aspects, my biggest fear is that I won't remain calm enough, that the pain/fear will get to me and I'll succumb to the adrenaline cycle....making the whole thing far more painful and difficult.

Amazing how one 'bad' example can completely eradicate all the good pool birth videos I've seen.

Yup - I'm popping in briefly to assure you that its not all like that! My OH remarked on how calm I was compared to that lady and I was only on G&A! Its not *that* bad when you're in the middle of it :)

IMO it's worse if you scream as you work yourself up
I had no pain relief, not even G&A and honestly...it weren't that bad! Yes it hurt but it's managable! I had a 15minute fear filled tantrum when I got into hospital, mostly as I was supposed to be having a homebirth, and the crying and swearing, saying I couldn't do it made it hurt more!

Edit - If it really as that bad....why would ladies have more than one child?

I've recorded this - now wondering whether to watch it :wacko:

Oh my god! Just popping over from first tri - I have a long way to go yet but bloody hell that scared me!! I have actually been ok watching births before, but knowing that now I really have to go through it, it all seems so scary and that woman seemed like she was dying!!

thanks everyone for posting! Note to self: DONT watch programmes like this!!!! xx

I won't be watching anymore programmes like this either :dohh: xx

I think that its a waste of energy screaming, midwife told me that its energy expelled out of your body that needs to go into pushing! But if u gotta scream, you gotta scream!! Im going to try hold back but if i need to...im bloody well screaming lol.

When i watch programs like that i get a little horrified when the head starts crowing but when its born i always cry, and dont linger on that scared feeling for very long!

i wish i didnt watch this bloody programme, really scared me!! whyyyy did i do it lol???? x

Maybe I am the odd one out but it didnt bother me. I know completely what birth will be like and seeing it doesnt scare me. I guess I am just not very squemish :shrug: but tbh I have seen much worse than what was on that show

Maybe I am the odd one out but it didnt bother me. I know completely what birth will be like and seeing it doesnt scare me. I guess I am just not very squemish :shrug: but tbh I have seen much worse than what was on that show

I can't speak for everyone else. It wasn't the squeemishness of it all that bothered me (I'm a pathologist), it was the sheer, unadulterated agony the woman/women seemed to be in.

i never screamed lol just ggrrrr a little bit

I missed this progamme , anyone know if its repeated??

This is baby No'3 for me and childbirth before for me was painful but soon forgotten ,
my son I had an epidural but it failed so had gas and air and daughter was planned homebirth , pain relief free and much better , your body kicks out its own pain relief
This baby is planned for pain releif free homebirth again :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->