After the Amanda Holden horror show....

LOL, she was a bit of a drama queen :haha:. I made my OH watch it and he said that if id acted like that he would have walked out and left me to it!. Everyone is different i guess, im not saying that i dont make a sound but nothing like that :nope:, not even with my first. xx

A lot of mums just dont cope...screaming is just part of it...it just hurts my ears. Theres not alot you can do at that point...even though I believe women are amazing and can do it with minimal pain relief or none at all however epidurals do have a place.

It is mental preperation, with my first I had a bet with my best friend that I wouldnt have an epidural, wouldnt even consider it, of course she believed that as it was my first I would be screaming for one after a couple of hours...I can honestly say that the only thing that stopped me having an epidural was proving my friend wrong! (Im so bloody stubborn!) thats what got me through my labour. :wacko:

Its silly I know, but thats what I needed, I didnt scream, only swore twice (felt bad about that as it was in front of my mum, lol).

All you really want is to be supported during labour and know that everyone around you is doing the right thing, once baby comes the joy you will have will last forever!:cloud9:

It's not the labour part that worries me - it's the 'grief management' bit I was sobbing at :'(
it can hurt like hell, just please god don't let any of us go through that.

I guess different people handle pain in different ways. She was a screamer, i found i handled it better if i walked around in circles (till i had an epi) and didn't scream just moaned. Contractions weren't that bad but i was more scared of the bit where the head comes out of your bits, as i am scared of that bit again because i never felt it last time but want to try without the epi this time.

after reading all the threads about it i had to watch the program so watched it on itv player.

Ok the woman SCREAMED, but yes she was panicing. this is my fear but after seeing how worked up she got herself i have told oh if i get like that tell me i am panicing, get the mw's to tell me i am panicing and try breathing with me.

I suffer from anxiety/panic attacks and altho i'm sure it will be a different thing at the time my main concern when labour starts is keeping myself calm.

I will walk about as much as i can, use gas n air to relax myself (i dont expect it to take pain away). on my birth plan it says i would like to be as mobile as possible, only want gas n air but if i panic too much and they cant calm me then i would like the option of an epi. I dont want one, but the option being there may help me if i think hold out a little longer and see how u get on.

this is my first but i've been told everyone is different in how they handle/deal with the pain. x

tht show scared the crap out of me lol i was literally in tears!!

So screaming is very unpopular and there are those on here who will say they won't scream. Not sure how a person not having pushed a baby's head out measuring up to 40cm in diameter can say that with certainty, but one thing is for sure it does hurt. I for one have good pain threshold and feel I was quiet during my labours'. However, at the crucial point of pushing my babys' head's out resulted in me having a scream.

I personally have looked after hundreds of women in labour. Some very quiet, almost with no expression and those screaming at the top of lungs bursting my ear drum many times :) Some experience pain differently to others. Every single one of those ladies apologised for their screaming, feeling embarassed but like someone said, there is no medal for being quiet. :)

Some women scream no on can say that that is over dramtic because it really depends on your pain threash hold. She was scared and panicking bless her lay off a bit. I didnt screan but I made moaning sounds

And when I was pushing I kept on telling the MW's that I couldnt do it. By that point I had been in labour for 4 days without any sleep and I was shattered, I do no know where I found the enegery

Tell a lie I had about an hour while the epidural was in full wham

And dont worry I wasnt in pain for 4 days straught. The contactions were very far apart and it didnt get really painful until the fourth day

As for epidurals I had oen and teh birth went smoothly

It might sound bizzare but I actually enjoyed labour
xx

I think I need to modify my OP.....

It's not the screaming in itself that bothered me at all. That's just what works for some people. What disturbed me was how much she was spiralling out of control. If her screaming had been her way of coping, if she was actually coping, then that's fine.....no problem there! But she wasn't coping....

My biggest concern is not remaining relaxed. I couldn't give a monkey's how much I scream or swear, whether I'm the picture of serenity or red-faced and grunting. What concerns me is not being able to bear it, not remaining calm and the whole thing going haywire.

(I'll add this to my OP for clarification) :)

it all depends on your pain threshold hun..... im not going to say oh yeah its a peice of piss because it certainly not..... i was in labour for 22hours with no sleep and at 1point i was having a natural birth then they decided i was having a section then foerceps and wat do you no i delivered all by mt little self...... it was a hard time but the best time of my life its defo worth it with the outcome been a lovely ikkle baby xxxx

I didnt watch this programme, but on the subject of screaming....when i went into the delivery room when in labour with my first daughter I sat on the bed and all i could hear for the next hour was the loudest, blood curdling screams from the lady giving birth in the next room..i was terrified!...and i had been quite calm before i went into the room!

I had a bad delivery and i screamed once but the doctor(who was a bit of an arse) told me to stop screaming...so i did. Went onto loud moans and groans i think.

With my second i didnt scream at all, more like cow noises as i recall..but no screaming. I think it was because i was a bit more aware of what was going on with my body...and to be honest i thought, it cant be any worse than the last time! (which it wasnt)

I had a 3 hour labour and I gotta say, I was exactly like the lady on that program lol! I did spiral out of control because everything was happening so quickly.
I had shoulder dystosia (baby's shoulder got stuck on my pubic bone which had dipped down due to SPD) I screamed, I yelled, I grunted, growled and begged for them to take the pain away but in the end, it was a gutteral, almost exorcist like growl that helped to push my little Evie out into the world. But the growling helped to get me focused again, and the midwives did too, shouting at me to concentrate lol! I felt like such an idiot afterwards :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->