AFTER the wedding...

Smile181c

Mummy to 3!
Reaction score
What do you do with your dress?! :haha:

I've been married over a year now and my dress is just sat in it's bag in the back of my wardrobe doing...well, nothing!

I don't particularly want to ruin it with a trash the dress type photoshoot and I'm not overly keen on selling it, but other than donating it to a charity shop what else could I do?

Must admit, I'm not handy with a sewing machine either, so changing it into something else isn't really an option either :shrug:

What do you do with your dress?! :haha:

I've been married over a year now and my dress is just sat in it's bag in the back of my wardrobe doing...well, nothing!

I don't particularly want to ruin it with a trash the dress type photoshoot and I'm not overly keen on selling it, but other than donating it to a charity shop what else could I do?

Must admit, I'm not handy with a sewing machine either, so changing it into something else isn't really an option either :shrug:

We will have been married 1 year 10 days before our baby girl is due. Right now the dress is hanging in my closet. I intend to keep it. Maybe rewear it for an anniversary dinner, or on a second honeymoon. (We had a casual wedding, it's a simple white lace overlay dress.) Of course my little girl will have the option of wearing it as well, if she wishes to go the country casual route as well.

Random from me sorry but my mum kept hers - 28 years old now and we are having it made into a Christening gown for any future grandchildren xxx

Yeah I still have mine. Now I'm having a little girl I really don't want to get rid of it in case she wants it for something lol I don't think she'll want to wear it but I can maybe get some kind of keepsake made for her for whenever she does get married etc!

Mines is on the back of a door too :( I am seriously considering donating it to a charity who would do this https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...e-special-garments-babies-pass-away-soon.html

I still have mine just shy of 3 years married now. I had mine preserved (I don't quite understand it but it makes it not turn yellow) and they put it 8in a display box. Not sure what I can do with it but I love my dress and want to keep it. I just have it in my closet.

AtomicPink, that's beautiful. Love that she's had so much interest, so many people willing to donate.

I gave my first wedding dress away to Goodwill after I got divorced. My second wedding dress is much more casual. We were married in a courthouse. I'm keeping it and will wear it again.

Have you heard of gift of a wedding? They provide weddings free of charge for terminally ill brides/grooms. Everything is donated etc and they're building up a small collection of dresses so the brides have a choice. I think it's a lovely idea.

I've also seen a few companies that do keepsake bears made out of wedding dresses xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->