After wedding advice

pink23

mummy to 2 x
Reaction score
Hi, so I'm having a bit of a dilemma . We have booked the church and have about 40-50 coming to the wedding itself. We haven't got a lot of money so don't want to go ott. Anyway oh isn't too fussed about party/ meal afterwards which tbh I'm not really. Is it bad of us to have just a meal for my parents and his mom:shrug: we are going on holiday on the Monday and wedding is the Saturday . I'm in a pickle :wacko:

If your short on money i think i would tell people they are welcome to join you at the restaurant after but no food will be provided.

There is no wrong way to have your wedding :) Do whatever is comfortable for you and your fiance, and if that means having a lovely ceremony and having that be it, then that is just fine! Your friends will understand if you just want to celebrate privately with your family.

Faye, are you kidding me? Is that bit under your username up to date??!

As for your wedding, you have it how YOU want it. If you don't want the meal/party afterwards, then don't. I like Lozzys idea of welcoming them to the restaurant but make it clear that food/drink will not be provided x

Faye, are you kidding me? Is that bit under your username up to date??!

As for your wedding, you have it how YOU want it. If you don't want the meal/party afterwards, then don't. I like Lozzys idea of welcoming them to the restaurant but make it clear that food/drink will not be provided x

This!

It needs changing aly, lol just esmae and caleb :) x
Thanks everyone xx

Or say that the guests are welcome to join you and Hubby in the restaursante but will have to pay for their own meals

Hi, so I'm having a bit of a dilemma . We have booked the church and have about 40-50 coming to the wedding itself. We haven't got a lot of money so don't want to go ott. Anyway oh isn't too fussed about party/ meal afterwards which tbh I'm not really. Is it bad of us to have just a meal for my parents and his mom:shrug: we are going on holiday on the Monday and wedding is the Saturday . I'm in a pickle :wacko:

Have a chat with your church, and see if they will host "cake and cava" after the service at the back of the church? I know we certainly would at ours. They may be able to provide people to mingle with the cake and drinks at little to no cost (or maybe a donation to the church), they may or may not be able to provide the cake/booze. It depends on if they have people who are food hygine registered and if they have a license.

ETA (Because I ran out of time before finishing the post...) - Providing your own refreshments would cut the cost too; shop-bought cake, cut up the night before and clingfilmed, and "tesco's own" cava/wine boxes, free glass hire from Sainsburys (no washing up required) et voila! I think that if you want the meal afterwards to be just immediate family, then I wouldn't say for people to come to the restaurant and say you're not providing food/drink. I think that by asking people to the restaurant you could end up in the difficult situation of people expecting you to pay for them, even if you stipulate that you're not!

The question is, do you not want a party because you don't want a party, or do you not want a party because of the cost? If you don't because you don't, then no, it's not a problem - your wedding, your rules. If it's purely because of cost, then again, no, it's not a problem at all, but you may be able to do something different which wouldn't cost much.

HTH

I just got married last month, in fact a month yesterday and we had a very small wedding. Got married in a registry office then we had a small party in the nighttime :) it was perfect

Do what is right for you, as it a local Wolverhampton lass I get to be really nosey, where have you booked? X x

Do what is right for you, as it a local Wolverhampton lass I get to be really nosey, where have you booked? X x

we are going to the cosmo at bentley bridge. might not be for everyones taste but at least people can eat what and how much they want and we will enjoy it x

Sounds lovely, it's your day and should be exactly what you want, where are you having the service?. (Just read my last post I seriously need to stop with the posts off my phone pmsl)

We are having it at st Thomas' church in wednesfield xx

Awww lovely :) is that what side of Wolverhampton you're from? I'm not far from tettenhall (don't know if you know it?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->