After you have DTD

MummyKP

Reaction score
Just wandering if there's anything I should try after BD in the hope it'll help us conceive? I've seen a few people mention they tilt their hips up after sex, how long would you do this for? Also do you avoid having a wee after sex too? Any ideas would be appreciated :)

The time I heard was 15 minutes for keeping your hips up.

Yes, keeping your hips elevated or even just bringing your knees up to your chest for 10-15 minutes is useful. It also helps if you orgasm, as that opens things up, iykwim.

And you don't need to avoid peeing. In fact, I've heard you should always pee after having sex to help avoid getting a UTI.

One thing I did when TTC my second son was use softcups. I inserted it after lying there for 10 minutes. It's supposed to help keep everything up by your cervix.

Good luck! :)

i think hips up and im also going to try and just go to sleep afterwards not get up and walk about jut try and keep in in there :haha:

I always put my legs up the wall.
But I always pee after sex!!
I get uti's a bit and my Dr said all women should go to the loo after sex.

Doctors of my friends and I said to always pee after intercourse because it prevents UTI by flushing out whatever might have gone up the urinary tract. I dont think I want to suffer both morning sickness and UTI at the same time!

But I have a question too, is it normal for most of the semen to naturally, erm spill out, even if you're still lying down?

Doctors of my friends and I said to always pee after intercourse because it prevents UTI by flushing out whatever might have gone up the urinary tract. I dont think I want to suffer both morning sickness and UTI at the same time!

But I have a question too, is it normal for most of the semen to naturally, erm spill out, even if you're still lying down?

Not most but a bit does.

Just sex every couple of days throughout your cycle, I never raised my hips up or anything I just dash straight to the loo.
Xx

think to begin with im going to try and dtd every day! my OH wont know whats hit him haha

Thanks all. I always have a wee after sex so couldn't imagine not doing it lol surely they are such fast swimmers that if you get up to go to the lol after sex then they either make it or they don't? My plan is to elevate my hips maybe for 5-10 mins but then just go for a wee as usual. If it happens it happens if it doesn't it doesn't. So many people conceive accidentally and I'm sure they didn't elevate sir hips etc so will see how it goes.

Haha callmedan these men won't know what's hit them lol I think we will try every other to start with.

I have found that it's more likely to spill out if it's not very far in (i.e. shallow penetration when ejaculation occurs). Also, I find it comes out if I cough or sneeze. :blush:

Man, all this TTC talk can sure make sex sound like no fun sometimes! lol

Most of what comes out is not the good stuff it just helps his swimmers be delivered then cm takes over so it's just fluid and dead sperm. From what Iv read raising your hips doesn't hurt unless you have a tilted uterus when it can decrease your chances but is unnecessary. Dh is first to the bathroom to clear up so I just lie there until he is done usually.

I didn't elevate my hips and got pg and I was having fertility treatment so we were behind from the beginning.

Definitely keep going for a wee. I get UTIs if I don't, plus I need to wee even if I have been before.

I don't honestly think most of these tips help. I spent nearly two years trying all sorts of crazy tips trying to get pregnant and the one time I didn't do a single one (was camping so I got up immediately and cleaned up and used the toilet) is when I got pregnant. Try not to drive yourself too crazy with what to try next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->