Afternoon temp lower than bbt?

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Hey all!

Just wondering if anybody has experienced this. I have never had my afternoon temp be lower than my BBT. I am always right around 98.6 during the day, bbt pre O is around 97.2ish and post o ranges between 98.2-98.6 depending on DPO.

This morning, my bbt was 98.83 which seemed very high to me. Nothing out of the ordinary, we actually just stopped having a heat wave. A car alarm went off at 3:20 (I temp at 5:30), but I have had other temps where I get woken up around that time naturally or non-naturally and it was fine. I thought I might be sick since I had a runny nose (could have been dust) yesterday and a slight sore throat (could be from teaching all day after summer break), but I temped to make sure I don't have a fever. My temp came back at a high 98.6.

So I am wondering if anybody has experienced this before. It just seems so odd to me

To be honest I've never temped any other time except in the morning, making sure I don't move much. I don't see the point in doing bbt temp in he afternoon as it's not reliable so I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. Bbt is your resting temperature x

Thanks for replying. I only temped because I expected to run a fever in the afternoon with a bbt that high, and I cannot go to work with a fever or the 24 hours after since I teach second grade. Would have had to make sub plans and arrange a sub. My bbt seems back to normal today

Ah ok i see. Your chart is looking triphasic now!! Good luck!

Dobby temp increase is due to progeterone so maybe that was a surge up since you are in a whole other level on your chart now, which is great.
High temps help the body many ways - it does fight any pending germs/infections, but also increases metabolism so some processes occur faster...still a good thing ttc.
Glad you are feeling well - maybe you have one super bean growing in there hehe.
:dust:

Thanks :) I'm sure the high bbt was a short lived temp spike from being sick. I was miserable at work today. Sneezing all day, headache, cranky... I feel blah

Ahh sorry Dobby
Hopefully you are better soon!

Thanks. I need to go grocery shopping (we have no food) but I don't want to get off the couch and SO won't be home until like 7. I'm hungry noooooow. Haha I turn into a giant baby when i am sick

Ahhh Order something in...spoil yourself hehe

I dragged myself to the store and got makings for fondue and some chicken for SO. Fondue and french baguettes for me and chicken and brown rice for SO. I got myself off the couch by reminding myself that the Walmart is only 4 minutes away from Fresh and Easy hehe. So I picked up some cheapies to dissuade me from using the last frer or the cb digital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->