Age 3-5 what time do they go to bed?

hypnorm

Reaction score
Just wondering what time everyone puts their 3-5 yr olds to bed?
And what time do they generally get up in the morning.

I take Ewan up to bed at 7.30 so once he is washed and changed its probably nearer to 8.

He gets up at about, 6.30 if his dad is off to work at that time as all the movement wakes people up.
Or other days it can be 8ish.

My son has since he was a baby, been a night owl. He's now 5. If he goes to sleep at 8 p.m., he will awake at 10 and be up until 1 or 2.

So, he usually falls asleep around 10 p.m. Makes for tiring nights and lack of OH time.

Hoping that once he is in school full time this will change.

Jack usually goes to bed between 7-7.30

He gets up anywhere from 6-7.30 he seems to know when his dad is up and like to spend time with him before he goes to work

Carly goes to bed at around 7:30 - 8:00 and will wake up 7:00-8:00 in the morning.

My son has since he was a baby, been a night owl. He's now 5. If he goes to sleep at 8 p.m., he will awake at 10 and be up until 1 or 2.

So, he usually falls asleep around 10 p.m. Makes for tiring nights and lack of OH time.

Hoping that once he is in school full time this will change.

William is the EXACT same way, it can be very frustrating, and it deffinetly means absolutley no me time or OH time, because by the time he finally passes out then I am ready for bed too, and then he wakes up early in the morning, so I dont even get any time in the morning to myself.

well i try and get nicole to bed at 7.30, especially on a school night but she is such a night owl and normally doesnt actually go to sleep till around 10pm. she'll get up anywhere between 5.30 and 8am!!! the earlier she goes to bed the later she gets up and vice versa!! it is exhausting.

So glad my son isn't the only one. LOL

Some kids needs less sleep than others I guess.

both my kids are the same!! callum is absolutely shattered but he will not go to sleep!!!!

School nights its 7.30 she goes to bed, we read story then sleep time. Depending on story it can be about 8.00 by time settled.

Normally gets up at 6.30 to 7.00 to go to toilet, then despite telling her its still early I can guarantee when I go downstairs about 7 ish to get sorted for work, DD will be up playing in her bedroom/ looking @ books, having turned on the light/ opened her blind & curtains.

Leigha goes to bed at about 6.30 because she loves to snuggle up and read her books. So by the time she goes to sleep its about 7-7.30.
She wakes up at 5!! :shock: and sometimes its 4.30. :(

OOh heck mine go up early...on a school night my 3 year old goes up at 6, 5 year old at 6.30 and 6 year old at 7 but they do tend to play with there teddies etc before sleeping xxxx

I think 8 is a good bed time for that age, my son is 7 years old and he goes to bed at 8:30

my 3 all go to bed at 7, the older 2 have school so i like them to have a good nights sleep, they usually get up around half 6 - 7 oclock :)

Kim x

Thats good kim that you have them on such a good routine that way they get enough sleep :hug:

rueben gets washed and pj's on at 6:30pm down on the chiar for a cuddle and a book or a talk about hes day then bed at 7:30pm if he didnt have a book cuddling up hes has 1 in bed then sleeps throw untill 6am or like today 5am but done this sleep panten sins hes was 4 months old

my 5 year goes to bed at 6.30 :sleep: and gets up at 6.30-7.00 so i guess im quite lucky, he makes up for it in the day time though:muaha:

:hug:

xxx

i've been really lucky with my eldest,she's 3, she goes to bed at 6:30 (has done since she was 3months old and doesn't wake up til around 7:30 sometimes i have to wake her at 8:30 so we can get ready for nursery.
my youngest who is only 5months has only started sleeping throught the night but i really do hope to "try" get her in the same routine!!!!!

Charlie goes up to bed about half 7 and will sleep a good 10-12 hours

My 13 yo son and 4 yo son share the same room, the smaller one always wants the older one to come to bed soon but unfortunately hi small ones bedtime is 7.30pm and the older one is at 10pm.

Landon and Casen go to bed between 9-10 right now because Casen's school hours are 12:30 to 2:30 and Landon starts at 11 on Wed but 11:30 every other day so they don't have to be up early so this works for us. But soon we are moving back to TX and Landon's school will start at like 7:30-8 so we will probably get them going to bed by 8...maybe even 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"