Aggggghhhhhhh very stinky nappies!!!!!

henny

mum to two beautiful boys
Reaction score
Alexander only uses nappies for naps and bed time, so am changing him to eco sposies cause I can't justify washing only 4 nappies at a time and I have left them in the bucket for 3-4 days to build up and they stink but I know even strip washing in the machine won't help as I have tried this. So not sure what to do. I want to give them to my sister but not stinking so much and believe me they stink!
Please help :flower:

What strip washing method did you use? If it's the dishwasher tablet, it may not be enough. Also, what temperature are you washing them on?

My normal wash is- cold rinse, then full wash on 40 1/4 powder, cold rinse, spin. For strip wash I, rinse, dish washer tab on full wash at 60, rinse x3, spin or washed at 60 with full washing liquid and rinse xtons :wacko:
At the moment they are sat in the bath in cold water.

Hmmm. I have left nappies in a bucket for that amount of time before and had no problem once I strip washed them.

Do you have outside space? I would be tempted to just give them another good wash and hang them out to air,see if that helps?

Good luck!

I'd redo the full detergent strip (maybe with bio if you have it), then rinse loads and see if it improves. Do hang them outside as well if you can, even if it's cold. If that doesn't work, you could try the washing up liquid strip or even boiling any bits (inserts) with no PUL or elastic.

I'll try and do another full strip wash and if that doesn't work then I'll attempt the washing up liquid method if I'm up to it :lol: did try and hang them outside but they came back in stinky again.

Henny, what do you wash with? Aside from stripping, I had an issue about 6 months ago with my nappies smelling of fish. I had to use rash cream as my daughter had rotavirus and a bad bum and I am not sure if this caused the problems. Anyway I stripped and rewashed, but the best thing was that I washed with a biological powder and that helped. Not sure if you would consider using a biological (assuming you don't currently use).

I strip my diapers on the stove in boiling water. I do it 3 times and then on the 4th time I put a little a vinegar in the water (only inserts). Has always worked.

I usually use non-bio but will buy some persil bio and give that a go, they have improved since I've wash them tonnes :coffee:
I was tempted to put them on a 90 in the washing machine and hope for the best :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->