Agnus castus and soy isoflavones dosage

Mrsmac02

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hi,

Hope you ladies can help, I have a few questions about supplements.

I'm back on vitex agnus castus after using it to regulate cycles before BFP with DS in 2012, and trying soy isoflavones for the first time.

Holland and Barrett have change the AC they sell to a produce called femilieve - it's got 4mg of active ingredient per one a day tablet. Is that not way too low a dose of AC?! The last capsules I bought there were 400mg and you were to take 3 or 4 a day!

Also, I assume it's ok to take soy isoflavones at the same time? I get practically no ewcm even when I do ovulate (which is very infrequently) and heard this would help.

Any info/advice would be great x

Hiya, I know what you mean about the packs from Holland & Barrett - apparently they don't do the higher dose any more. 4mg is nowhere near enough so I bought 1000mg tablets from amazon :)

Everything I have read says not to take AC and SI's together as they counteract/cancel each other out.

I am on my second cycle trying AC (now 8 months TTC), and going to change to SI next cycle instead I think.

Hope this helps... :)

Oh no, really? I better stop one or the other then lol!

I will order some higher strength ones from amazon.

Thanks for the info! X

I also heard not to use both at the same time. I started taking vitex last cycle mid way and it's already helped! I take 1200mg daily. My cycle went from 35 to 33 days just from taking vitex for two weeks last month and I ovulated on cd21 (was cd28 before). So I'm hoping this cycle I'll ovulate on cd14. Definitely recommend vitex! GL!

Thanks, I'll stop the SI and concentrate on AC. I've had some success with it first time round. I've ordered some stronger tablets - 4mg just isn't going to cut it!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->