agnus castus and vitamin b6

flosie

Reaction score
I have been ttc for18 months now. It's been suggested that I try agnus castus and vitamin b6. Has anyone tried this? Does it work? And are they ok to take together? My other concern is they both say not to take if ttc, does anyone know the reason for this?
Sorry for all the questions

I started my Angus castus yesterday so can not review it yet but it is defiantly fine to take when ttc. Mine says not to take when pregnant or breastfeeding.
I'm using it to regulate my cycles since my two early losses. X

Thank you. I'm hoping it will regulate my cycle too. We had an early loss last year but i was still breastfeeding my dd so I put it down to that x

What dose are you taking? I have natures aid capsules that are 1000mg so im taking 1 a day but iv heard of people taking upto 2000mg

I've also started taking Vitex/Agnus Castus this cycle (2000mg).
There is a thread on here of people taking Vitex and others experiences/opinions of it (it's called something like 'witch got me... But cd1 Vitex') - might be worth a read :)

This was my first cycle on agnus cactus as my cycles been everywhere then my last 2 cycles were 40 days so hoping it would make them shorter and settle them

I took one every morning from CD1 to CD15 and currently i'm on CD 34 so I don't think it has worked this month but I had cramps on and off the last 2 days and feel drained which is how I normally feel when af is due so could come earlier than 40 days just have to see. Just hoping it's not longer than 40 days

I took both and conceived my first full cycle on it. I started it midway through the cycle before as it was super long and I hadn't ovulated yet. Made me ovulate and brought AF on time. Conceived the next cycle! So not even a full cycle on it and it worked. I don't ovulate on my own with PCOS so it definitely helped me. I ovulated CD20 which is a bit late, but better Hunan not at all or Cd50+. I'm continuing vitex through the first trimester. Stopped the b6, but my prenatals have it in them. I have been taking 1600mg/day in the am on am empty stomach and not eating for at least an hour later. In the next two weeks I will start weaning off.

Did have a progesterone check and at 8 weeks it was only 15.7. So I've been using a progesterone cream twice a day as well. Vitex is supposed to help keep your progesterone up until the placenta takes over so I hate to think what my number would be without it. My doctor says for 8 weeks that number is mid range as the placenta is starting to work then, but it made me nervous. Hence the cream as well. But everything is going well so far.

Good luck everyone taking vitex. Hope it works for you!

Penguin, is there a reason you only took them until CD15? I thought you were supposed to take them throughout whole cycle?

What dose are you taking? I have natures aid capsules that are 1000mg so im taking 1 a day but iv heard of people taking upto 2000mg

I'm not entirely sure what the dose is I will have a check on the box

I did a lot of research and a lot of women said taking them that if your trying to conceive then you should only take them to you ovulate or CD15 if your not sure when you ovulate as it can cause contracting in the uterus that can lead to miscarriage or the egg not sticking

I'm not sure if this is correct but I just thought to be on the safe side, I heard a lot of women taken them through out their cycle and it's been fine

I did a lot of research and a lot of women said taking them that if your trying to conceive then you should only take them to you ovulate or CD15 if your not sure when you ovulate as it can cause contracting in the uterus that can lead to miscarriage or the egg not sticking

I'm not sure if this is correct but I just thought to be on the safe side, I heard a lot of women taken them through out their cycle and it's been fine

Thank you. I keep reading conflicting advice on this so really not sure what is best

I'm still going strong at 10+1 taking 1600mg a day and baby is very healthy and sticky.

I had Hyperemisis Gravidarum with my first pregnancy and one of the first courses of action my doctor had me try was B6, and it is found in every prenatal I have ever found. Thus, I don't see a reason not to take it whilst TTC or during pregnancy! I will say, I didn't work for me, and we tried it before I was diagnosed with HG so it didn't help in the slightest, but that is not my point ;-)
Can't speak for the agnus castus, but I am currently BFing and TTC #2, so would like to learn more about it!

I have started on angus cactus as well aka Vitex, I have read pros and cons and the pros highly outweigh the cons, however I have also read that if you are taking vitex ...you shouldn't stop immediately after bfp but you should slowly stop taking it..as a high drop on hormones can cause miscarriage . That being said I am no physician , just sharing what I know! Good luck on a sticky bean for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->