Agnus Castus for low progesterone.. then what??

oxfairycakexo

Reaction score
Hi, i had blood tests taken last week on either day 21 or 23 of cycle (weird cycle) and had the results today.

LH 2.3
Progesterone 2!

So i was told i'm not ovulating :( this is devestating as my fiance is desperate for a child.. my doctor didn't seem too worried, suggested i have 21 day bloods again next cycle and booked me in for a Ultrasound, waiting time currently 4 months.. but said she wouldnt refer us to a fertility clinic unless we were in our late 30s with no children (i have two sons from a previous relationship conceived naturally.. i think the depo shot really messed me up, ive been off it since a year last december!!)

I have purchased progesterone cream but dont want to use it now incase it gives an inaccurate blood reading at my next test? But am thinking of getting some agnus castus to try and balance my hormones.. will this maybe help me ovulate and increase progesterone? I read that you should stop taking it after ovulation (how do i do that if i am not ovulating lol..) should i just take it for the whole cycle? And also wouldnt my progesterone levels just crash if i stopped? So confusing.. any help would be very much appreicated.. thank you xx

I took it cycle long and that is how my midwife recommended it as well. Worked great for me but even better with the cream after O (when your able to start it :)

I think taking it before O really helps to encourage a strong ovulation but since it promotes progesterone balance quitting it at O doesn't make as much since especially if your problem in specific is low P. It take a few cycles to really work so be patient and also keep in mind it alone may not be enough. I added two days to my luteal phase but my P levels were so low I still had to use progesterone cream from O to af to get my sticky bean. Good luck!

Thanks for replying and congratulations on your pregnancy, exciting!! :)

A few more questions if you don't mind lol.. would you wait until after day 21 test to start them both, incase of a false reading, or just go ahead with them asap? af is now 4 days late so looks like another messed up cycle :(

Also, did your GP advise you to try them or did you just take it upon yourself? If so, are u still using the cream whilst pregnant now? Or do you stop when you get a BFP? (but then wouldnt the progesterone crash?) Thanks again xx

(And if u did carry on with the cream after your bfp, did you tell your midwife so they could monitor the levels or do it yourself and keep quiet?) X

Pandi is great at advice ill b trying it too next cycle:) fairycake uve gained a stalker hope it works for u:)

Good luck! :) does the agnus castus need to started on cd1? Its just af is 4 days late now so should arrive any day but the agnus castus won't arrive from amazon for a few days.. so probably able to take them between cd3/5ish, or just wait until the next cd1 after the next cycle? Thanks xx

This is my first cycle taking agnus castus (vitex) I took depo in oct of 2012 and that was the worst decision of my life! My cycles have been semi irregular since then, anywhere from 25-73 days! My last cycle I believe I was pg as it was the 73 day cycle, had all the classic symptoms, and two faint bfp's. But a doctor blood test said otherwise and I got my AF a week later. So I started Vitex the day I got my AF hoping that it regulates my cycle and improves egg quality. I'd love to know how your experiences with it progress! Good luck

Thanks for replying and congratulations on your pregnancy, exciting!! :)

A few more questions if you don't mind lol.. would you wait until after day 21 test to start them both, incase of a false reading, or just go ahead with them asap? af is now 4 days late so looks like another messed up cycle :(

Also, did your GP advise you to try them or did you just take it upon yourself? If so, are u still using the cream whilst pregnant now? Or do you stop when you get a BFP? (but then wouldnt the progesterone crash?) Thanks again xx

Hey hun I started AC on cd 1 but you can start it after af too. For that matter if taking all cycle long you can pretty much start it whenever it's just a bit harder to ascertain what effect it may or may not be having if you start it mid cycle iykwim. I charted my bbt and used opks so I knew exactly what day I was ovulating and knew when to start the cream each month. It is pretty crucial to not start the cream until after you O or it could actually delay ovulation :wacko:

As far as the cream and getting my bfp I was advised strongly by the midwife not to stop until my P levels were drawn and even if they were normal not to stop (either the cream or vitex) until after 13 weeks. My bfp was on 10 dpo and my firs levels were drawn on 14 dpo with my P levels only at 12! Needless to say they were borderline low but my RE (she can prescribe progesterone not my midwife) wanted to wait until a second level before deciding to prescribe progesterone. I loaded up over the next 48 hours and they rose to 16 and my levels 48 hours after that were 21. Based on this they didn't prescribe rx suppositories but told me not to quit the cream until after first tri.

Hope this helps and best of luck to both of you ladies!:thumbup:

Im book marking this thread for sure lol, pandi school me on amazon ive never bought anything off there do ineed an account iwanna by the wondfo opks also yey my period might be bavk to my regular seven days which i believe to be a good sign since my last two periods where way light and short than normal also giving me wayyy shorter cycles hmnnn wonder if im finding a link between that matter?

Amazon makes it really easy to start up an account and spend your money lol. Literally they walk you through it by having you add your address for shipping and then cc/debit number to tie to the account. You just point and click at what you want to buy and voila it is sent to you lol. Just a bit of advice tho some places offer free shipping and some do not so the price can be deceiving at first glance. Make sure you know your total prices including shipping when comparison shopping. Have fun on Amazon :happydance:

Sounds easy i thought there was a membership needed stupid coworkers lol

Pandi which kind of pro cream did u buy?

I used Progest by Emirta...still have loads left for ttc #2 at the end of the year lol. Induction scheduled for the 2nd for this bean and wishing you ladies your bfp's soon!

Ty girl hope all goes well with ur bby:) hope u stick around our ttc section u help tremendously! One.girl suggested i may noy have od at all, ill be giving up on soy and getting vitex well see how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->