Agnus Castus - Success Stories Please!

Mrs Dot

Mummy to Harry
Reaction score
Hi I came of the pill at the end of Dec 2008. Since then my cycles seem to be getting longer and longer. My first cycle was 28 days, then 32 and I'm still waiting for AF to arrive this month and I'm on cd 33 now :( Tested this weekend and got a :bfn: - one yesterday and one today with 2 different brands of tests.

I was thinking that if :witch: doesn't turn up by Thurs, and I'm gonna test again this week depending on what happens, whether to try Agnus Castus tablets or not?

Has anyone on here had any success with it to regulate your cycles at all? :shrug:

i have been taking it and it has really regulated my cycles, they were a bit out and i did not know when i was ovulating and now i am a nice 28 day cycle with regular ovulation, took them before ttc and got pregnant on first go, sadly m/c but am trying again and still using agnus castus and as a result have ovulated right on time even after m/c

Thanks Caz, I've heard and read quite a few stories on here and on the web that suggest it's good stuff, I'm willing to try it now before I go to the docs and they suggest something that's not natural. Think I'll get some tomorrow as am off work for two weeks and then see if the af shows this week!

Did you know to stop taking it at ovulation, then only start again when/if you get AF! I read lots about it when I took it first cycle off the pill, and most articles said to stop at ovulation.

I can't honestly say if it helped me or not as I only took it as a precaution, thinking that it would take ages for af to come back after Cerazette (as this pill stops your af and bleeding altogether). My first cycle was 37 days, then 34, this one 31.

Good luck

I took it for a while when I came off the pill, but I didn't know then that you needed to stop at ovulation.

I don't know whether it made a difference to me. I have heard a lot of of times that you need to stop at ovulation.

Did you know to stop taking it at ovulation, then only start again when/if you get AF! I read lots about it when I took it first cycle off the pill, and most articles said to stop at ovulation.

yeah i have been doing that, using opks so i know when to stop taking it now in ttc, ive heard loads of good things about it on the internet too so im hoping it will bring a :bfp: !!!

I had an average cycle length of 33 days but then had a cycle that lasted 47 days and then 56 days! I was very upset, thinking I must be pregnant etc...
Decided to give Agnus Castus a go and last month had a 28 day cycle so I am a fan!

xxx

Thanks ladies, thinking I'll give it a go for def. Getting slight crampy pains so think she's on her way, at least if she does arrive then I know where I am!

Hi everyone, still no sign of :witch: and thinking of testing again tonight. Prob another :bfn: :(
(it's now cd34 - longest cycle I've ever had)

Quick question, if I do get a :bfn: can I start taking AgCas before af arrives? I bought some tablets today but heard that you're supposed to start taking it only when af arrives??? Any suggestions would be great x

i am an agnus castus fan i have ovulated in two cycles i take it up to ovulation then again when AF arrived cycles still quite long o'd on CD 30 hoping in will be earlier this cycle x

thanks for posting this Mrs Dot - Ive been wondering about this myself. My cycles have gone haywire too - from a reg 28 days to 32 days to 36 days and thats where I am now. No idea how many DPO i am etc.

Can I ask ladies who take it please where they get it from and how much to take? Is there anything you shouldn't take with it - ie eve primrose oil (i take up to ov) or pregnacare.

thanks xx xx
:hug:

Hiya Daisydoo, I bought mine today from Holland and Barretts, £5.99 for 100 capsules.
It was in the women's health section, you can also get it in liquid form but I was a wuss and opted for tablets in case it tasted nasty!!!

Any ideas anyone on if I should start taking it now before af shows? I'm thinking prob not just in case I am by some miracle :bfp: despite the negative test results!

I waited for the :witch: before I started taking mine.

xxx

I started taking it late feb/early march and had my first ovulation this cycle after 9 months of anovulatory cycles!!

well I've started taking this yesterday, average cycles are anywhere from 30-35days but last cycle after m/c was 53 days!! Don't want that again so hoping it helps regulate them back down to around the 30day mark.

Can I ask ladies who take it please where they get it from and how much to take? Is there anything you shouldn't take with it - ie eve primrose oil (i take up to ov) or pregnacare.

thanks xx xx
:hug:

\i got mine from the internet, i take 500mg per day up to ovulation and then stop, i also take folic acid all the way through xx

I started using this when I was ttc- but I took it about 3 weeks before I got my bfp- but they say if you take it while pregnant- it can effect the growth of the baby...
But I had to terminate as the cells didnt divide properley- im not blaming AC, but I am so frightend, just in case, I wont use it again xx

i took it last month, stopped after ovulation, i also took false unicion horn, evening promrose oil, and vit b complex and used preseed. so much went on that we werent really trying but took all the vitamins ... i am really surprised when i got my BFP! i am now 5+2 and really nervous.

cant graentee what worked if anything, but it is def worth a try! it was only my 2nd cycle ttc!

i took it last month, stopped after ovulation, i also took false unicion horn, evening promrose oil, and vit b complex and used preseed. so much went on that we werent really trying but took all the vitamins ... i am really surprised when i got my BFP! i am now 5+2 and really nervous.

cant graentee what worked if anything, but it is def worth a try! it was only my 2nd cycle ttc!

sounds like what we're trying this month, EPO, angus, getting some vit B complex today and pregna care, also going to use preseed...
Fingers crossed I get the BFP like you!!!
Congratulations!

sounds like what we're trying this month, EPO, angus, getting some vit B complex today and pregna care, also going to use preseed...
Fingers crossed I get the BFP like you!!!
Congratulations!

Lots of luck ... as i said it may of worked or it maybe would have happened anyway! its def worth a try if you can afford it though, makes you feel like your doing something!

good luck to all you lovely ladies ... hope to see you all in 1st trimester soon x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->