Agnus Castus - Success Stories Please!

I have been TTC 18months since my 1 depo shot ran out. For a year my cycles were all over the place, they then started to become regular however I still wasn't getting a BFP. I BBT which showed Ov however my doctor said it was unlikely it was right as the temps didn't rise enough or my LP was short some cycles or I ovulated too late so she sent me for a scan........

So I had the scan the end of last cycle and it showed cysts on my ovaries :( the doctor booked me in for 21 day progesterone bloods on cd 20 and 30 as my cycle vary in length. She would compare the result from the 1 to the other to see if there was an increase in progesterone.

In the mean time I continued to use my CBFM for the 2nd cycle but decided to take Agnus Castus, Evening primrose oil and vitamin B complex.

In my 1st cycle using CBFM I only got lows and high's then the 2nd cycle I went straight from Low too Peak cd21..... We BD cd15,17,19,21,22 and 23 and I got my BFP 10dpo

Thank you Agnus Castus!!!

Agnus Castus 1200mg a day up to 1st Peak then stopped
Evening Primrose Oil 1500mg up to 1st peak then stopped
Vitamin B Complex - 1 tablet daily up to 1st peak then stopped.

i was recommended it by my acupuncturist as she said that my progesterone levels went down after ov in the last two weeks so was told to take it until i either got my period or a bfp. Anyway this morning i get another negative at 4 days late for my period and noe i have a browny/red type bleed and slight cramping and soreish boobs so i think i may be out this month. It was the first month of trying Agnus castus and will keep taking it as soon as this period (if its what it is) stops or if it finishes and the take it again along with more acupuncture.
I cant believe this could be my period as my acupuncturist was so sure i was pregnant!

and I have just had a :bfp:. I was on a low dosage tho (Kira 20 mg once a day for 4 months). It did not give me cramps.

I was not on it for regulating cycles tho, but for my breast pain during the 2WW. If you just want to bring ovulation forward, then it's not necessary to continue during 2WW.

I was TTC for just over a year, so I do think AG did help.

:dust: to you

Any more agnus castus success stories? I'm just starting taking mine after 8 boring and stressful months of Ttc! Give us some hope! x

Just bumping this thread, any more success stories with AC?

Ive just been reccomended to take the Agnus Castus and Evening Primrose oil :) so cant wait i really hope it shorten's my cycles abit or makes me ovulate abit earlier :) x

i had acupuncture this cycle on cd8 in the afternoon 4pm and 10am the next morning cd9 i had very very stretchy clear cm and now im cd12 and have watery cm, cramping right across lower abdomen and lightheaded but apart from that im hoping this is all good its the first time ive had clear stretchy cm at OV and well we will have to see what happens but my acupuncturist wants me to take agnus castus from weds this coming week til i get a + or i get af so i eager to see if it works.
all i know is that it keeps the progesterone levels high but i was a bit worried coz my levels are at 56 and apparantly thats excellent seeings how im 44 so fingers crossed

Hi everyone

im new to this but i have been reading everyones posts and it is so reassuring thatthere are others out there dealing with the same issues i am. i have been on the pill for 9 years without a break. we decided to start ttc in december so i came off the pill. i had a withdrawal bleed after coming off the pill but didnt have a period untill 59 days after that, which only lasted for 2 days and was extremely light. my next cycle lasted for 80 days. i went to the doc and after a few tests she said i may have pcos as theblod tests indicated my progesterone levels were low, but i need to have a ultrasound to double check. however when i went for my ultra sound i was advised that everything was fine and it could just be due to that fact i have beenon the pill for such a long time. my doctor said to wait 3 more months and if nothing happens to go back and they will try clomid.

the day before i came on my period i started taking AC as i couldnt wait any longer, and although this could just be a very big coincidence, i came on my period the next day, for 4 days and it was a normal period...never been so happy. i have been taking AC for the last 2 weeks and i feel like it is already making a huge difference. my skin has become less oily and i have noticed cm starting to appear. however i have been feeling very tired since i have started taking it so not sure if this is a side affect.

good luck to all, fingers crossed AC reduces my cycle this month to at least 35 days rather than 80!

hey ladies

I;ve just started taking agnus cactus this cycle, but im taking it the whole way through, is that not right then... I posted asking this question before ov and some ladies came back saying its ok to continue to take.....?:wacko:
Also do you need to take b-complex with it as well??? again I was advised to take it along with agnus cactus...?
Im testing tomorrow....
xxxx

i took it last month, stopped after ovulation, i also took false unicion horn, evening promrose oil, and vit b complex and used preseed. so much went on that we werent really trying but took all the vitamins ... i am really surprised when i got my BFP! i am now 5+2 and really nervous.

cant graentee what worked if anything, but it is def worth a try! it was only my 2nd cycle ttc!

sounds like what we're trying this month, EPO, angus, getting some vit B complex today and pregna care, also going to use preseed...
Fingers crossed I get the BFP like you!!!
Congratulations!

Lots of luck ... as i said it may of worked or it maybe would have happened anyway! its def worth a try if you can afford it though, makes you feel like your doing something!

good luck to all you lovely ladies ... hope to see you all in 1st trimester soon x x x

Doing preseed, agnus castus, b6 and b12 and prenatal!! I would love twins! Want to send some bab(ies) dust my way?? I started on like cycle day 15...i was told I could start at any time, but I asked the lady at the nutrition store if I should stop after ovulation and she said no, keep taking it all the way through til bfp. So that's what I'm going to do! Good luck everyone!

hey ladies

I;ve just started taking agnus cactus this cycle, but im taking it the whole way through, is that not right then... I posted asking this question before ov and some ladies came back saying its ok to continue to take.....?:wacko:
Also do you need to take b-complex with it as well??? again I was advised to take it along with agnus cactus...?
Im testing tomorrow....
xxxx

see my post above :thumbup:

Yeah thats what I was told too..... Guess im gonna keep taking it then, lol.. Just read an article as well that said it can help prevent mis-carriages also. :thumbup:
xxx

Does Angus Cactus interfere with Clomid?

I am on CD7 (Clomid CD3-7). Is it okay if I start taking AC now?

I have a Luteal Phase Defect and have been TTCing on and off for a few months. Really want to try everything this month.

Take b6 and b12 for luteal phase I would call your doctor and see if you can combine it with clomid...I don't think you can to be honest. It's supposed to do the same thing...which may be bad

Yeah thats what I was told too..... Guess im gonna keep taking it then, lol.. Just read an article as well that said it can help prevent mis-carriages also. :thumbup:
xxx

Want to be agnus castus buddies?? We WILL get our BFP this month!! I'm very very very optimistic. Keep telling myself I will have a baby in my arms in 9 months!! :happydance:

xxx

Want to be agnus castus buddies?? We WILL get our BFP this month!! I'm very very very optimistic. Keep telling myself I will have a baby in my arms in 9 months!! :happydance:

yeah ok, well im testing tomorrow, lol, that'll be me 14 dpo. Going out soon to pick up some sd test's. Going to take alot of will power not to test till the morning, lol.... What dpo are you and when you planning testing? :flower:
xxx

Everything I've read says to NOT take Vitex and Clomid together as somehow they counteract one another. Gdanemom is right - ask your doc (and always, always let them know what you're taking, even if you think they'll say you're nuts).

xxx

yeah ok, well im testing tomorrow, lol, that'll be me 14 dpo. Going out soon to pick up some sd test's. Going to take alot of will power not to test till the morning, lol.... What dpo are you and when you planning testing? :flower:
xxx

Cd22 idk when to testyet...have not ovulated I have irregular cycles. Have a doctors appointment the 21st though! Let me know how your 21st goes! Any symptoms? Do you chart?

xxx

xxx

Cd22 idk when to testyet...have not ovulated I have irregular cycles. Have a doctors appointment the 21st though! Let me know how your 21st goes! Any symptoms? Do you chart?

Not that many symptoms really, still cramping a little bit and sore veiny boobs but usually get that with af, had a little bit of spotting about 9 dpo and really bad cramps 2 dpo but thats about the main things....no dont chart, im terrible at it... I threw by bbt in the bin, lol... I used opk's this month though and got a + on cd 18 so af due tomorrow, really think im gonna test this afternoon now, i, just about to pop out and get some tests, will let you know how I get on, wouldn't sleep a wink tonight if to wait till tomorrow, lol..
xxx

xxx

xxx

Not that many symptoms really, still cramping a little bit and sore veiny boobs but usually get that with af, had a little bit of spotting about 9 dpo and really bad cramps 2 dpo but thats about the main things....no dont chart, im terrible at it... I threw by bbt in the bin, lol... I used opk's this month though and got a + on cd 18 so af due tomorrow, really think im gonna test this afternoon now, i, just about to pop out and get some tests, will let you know how I get on, wouldn't sleep a wink tonight if to wait till tomorrow, lol..
xxx
Lol...do you usually spot around 9dpo? Could be a good sign! Why weren't you good at charting? Saves you money! have you read taking charge of your fertility? Amazing book. I was getting erratic temps so I switched my alarm to 3am and its made a world of difference

I'm also taking AC. I take it all through my cycle with EPO (which I stop at O). This is our second month TCC after being on the pill for 12 years!?

I stopped BCP early April, had usual WD.
May cycle was 28 days
June cycle was 25 days
I'm now on CD8 & hoping for that beautiful :bfp:

I think it's def regulated my cycles and improved my skin which is a bonus.

Good luck all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->