Agnus Castus - Success Stories Please!

Wow I am so pleased to have come across this thread!! I bought some AC in preparation for when we TTC next month. I came off the pill December 2010 and have rather irregular cycles (12 weeks being the longest!!). The last few have been six weeks!! I am due AF on 28th Dec and with my current cycle length would O somewhere between 22 and 25 Jan. If I start taking AC when I get AF could it bring O forward?? That would be fab not having to wait 3 weeks!!

Hi ladies im wondering if any of you can help me...
I started taking AC 1000mg tablet form at the beginning of this cycle, i had af cd 1-4 but had some spotting on cd6, after that everything seemed 'normal' i had 2 peaks on my cbfm cd 28/29 and stopped the AC on cd29, then 8dpo i started spotting, it was a brown rusty red colour and a couple of wipes, this lasted until 11dpo when i started having brown stringy spotting when i wipe and its becoming alot more frequent, today 12dpo and still the stringy brown spotting.
Is this just my body getting used to it? Maybe AC isnt for me? Should i try it for another cycle or maybe try taking it all the way through? Maybe its the brand im taking it was cheap one called natures aid??
Any help appreciated!

Have you taken a HPT? Could be implantation bleeding?

I take AC whole cycle. I've spoken to a herbalist and this is what she recommends. It may just be your body readjusting. I'd give it a bit longer before stopping but that is my opinion.

I took a hpt on 11dpo which was yesterday BFN - does agnus castus take all your pms symptoms away? I havent had spots, sore boobs etc..
On a positive note, i havent spotted after exercise this cycle.

It can do. aC usually takes a little time to work but anything is possible.

Good luck.

I only used Agnus castus for one month and that was the month I fell pregnant, I stopped when I got my positive opk as this is what I was advised to do. I did have brown spotting around 10 do lasting couple of days but this stopped where usually I'd have spotting then af! Keep testing and just hope. However I think it can take some time too have an affect on some cycles.

Another success story (a minor one but pleased nonetheless). Last time I came off the pill in my 20s it took 6 months to get AF. I'm now 35, came off the pill on Xmas eve 2011 and started my first natural AF yesterday, which was a 41 day cycle. I've been taking 2 capsules of Agnus Castus daily and can't help but wonder whether it's helped to get my natural hormones to kick in so quickly.

After coming off BCP I took AC after my period went AWOL, it brought on and made it a 39 day cycle, then after two months I was down to a 31 day cycle and get my bfp :) I really think it helped me, I O'd on day 17 this time so I think my egg was a bit healthier? I wish I'd known about it before BCP, as I went on to help my period become regular.

Indi did you take only until ovulation or all through cycle?

Indi did you take only until ovulation or all through cycle?

First full month I took it until O, last month I took it the whole way until my positive test. Did tons of research, there are so many inflicting opinions, but I know someone here, (possibly Bean66, sorry if I'm wrong!) said she asked a professional herbalist and was told it was fine, and I've found many websites to back this up. However there are also loads that say just till O so it was an experiment for me!

ive just finished taking it for 2nd cycle, i took it up until ovulation but did consider taking all the way through, i may next cycle if i dont get a bfp! Currently in 2ww

Sorry for absence. Yes it was me. I work with a herbalist who said it should be taken until BFP or until the desired affect has been achieved. It has a gradual effect so needs time. Don't stop at O for best results.

Am I allowed to jump in?

I havent seen AF since Nov :nope: Is it too soon to think about taking it?

Also how much a day?

Am I allowed to jump in?

Also how much a day?

As long as your sure your not pregnant there is no harm in starting it, hopefully it should bring AF on for you. Whatever brand you buy will have instructions, always follow them in case the dosage is different! But normally it's 1600mg a day, or two 400mg twice a day. You can take it in tincture as well and then you put the required amount in water and drink it down. Good luck :)

Am I allowed to jump in?

Also how much a day?

As long as your sure your not pregnant there is no harm in starting it, hopefully it should bring AF on for you. Whatever brand you buy will have instructions, always follow them in case the dosage is different! But normally it's 1600mg a day, or two 400mg twice a day. You can take it in tincture as well and then you put the required amount in water and drink it down. Good luck :)

I'm taking hpt aaaallllllll the time!! I'm a poas addict!! all are a bfn

...I think I may get some later! :thumbup:

I know Holland and Barrett sell it, and they have the penny sale on at the mo!

OOOO buy one get one for a penny!! .....I gotta go to my Maths class (Arrrgghhhhh I HATE it) first then I'm off to get some!! :)

Am I allowed to jump in?

Also how much a day?

Hi, was just wondering how you got on? I also haven't seen AF since November so thinking on taking this to see if I can kick start??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->