Agnus Castus (Vitex) ladies - Lets see how successful it can be (2 BFP's so far!!)

HoneyWright

Hoping Clomid works
Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I've seen quite a few threads about people using AC so I thought it might be nice for us all to get together and discuss the highs and lows and hopefully track all those BFP's!!!

Im Sarah and I have been TTC for 3 years with PCOS. Started AC last cycle but stopped taking it too early I think so giving it another try along with Macca.

Hope you will join me.
Sarah

BFP's

24th April - Billiejo First month of AC
20th May - Shelley

DH and I are wanting to start TTC this year and since my cycles are irregular I'm interested in starting to take Vitex to see if it will help regulate them. I've never been officially diagnosed but I suspect that I have PCOS and I've read great things about Vitex helping women with this. I have a question...what is a good brand of Vitex to take? I'm looking at the Nature's Way brand and was wondering if this would be good or if another brand is better. :)

Hi guys - can I join? Been on AC for just under a week now, prompted to use it because of my magical ovulation that has got longer and longer for 5 cycles after the pill and has now dissapeared completely! I also have PCOS and am also struggling with a mad thyroid that can't decide whether it's over active or under active!

Would be nice to have some company along the way xxx :hugs:

Hi,
I came off the pill in December and my cycles are long so I'm thinking of starting AC so would like to know if it's any good. Did you buy it from a shop or off the Internet?xx

Hi Selina, I got mine from H&B but heard that it's not the best one as full of nasty extras? Not sure whether that's true or if it will work so will be watching thus thread with interest! X

That's the one I was looking at h&b, the lady said it was good for regulating periods, as mine seems to take forever last one was 55 days this one is 40 so far!!xx

I have bought some from H&B too but so far I haven't used them as I have read reports that say it can make your cycles even longer. So I will be watching this thread with intrest.

Hi ladies!:wave: I'm an Agnus Castus user. I take 1 pill a day which contains 225mg of Vitex agnus-castus, berry extract which has a guaranteed potency of at least .5% agnuside (which is the active component of Vitex) and 100mg of Vitex agnus-castus, berry. It is Solaray brand Vitex that I bought at my local Health Food Store for $14.09 for 60 capsules (No, I don't actually remember any of this stuff, I'm just looking at the bottle!:haha:) Also want to mention, I take it all through my cycle. I don't stop before ovulation or during my period. Some people recommend it and some don't. So I guess there really isn't a consensus on how to use it.

I've been using it since the end of Feb this year. So about a month and a half. It was successful at making a looong cycle end finally at 73 days and made my last cycle a regular length of 35 days:thumbup:...This cycle I'm still waiting on ovulation and praying the AC helps it come at a regular time. If I O again on cd 24, then I still have about 11 days or so til then.

Hiya, I have PCOS too, it's my first cycle off the pill and it's really really long! I'm on cd73 :dohh:... and recently bought some agnus castus tabs from h&b. To be honest I took them for a couple days but I have a bit of a sensitive stomach atm (probably IBS but getting it looked into) and I suspect they weren't helping :( so I've not taken them for the last couple days .. the ones I got reccommend 2 tablets twice a day..which seems a lot! do you think they would still be effective if I cut down to one a day?

Have any of you guys had any sife effects such as upset tummy?

I was thinking of taking these, great to see a thread on it:flower:

I'm on my first month of using AC so will update if/when i see any affects!

Hello All great to 'meet' you!

I got mine from boots and I dont think the number of tablets is any problem as some have a smaller dose.

Last time I took 2 400mg tablets until I thought I have Ov'd then stopped and it left me with a 70 day cycle. Im quite sure I stopped to early and that was the cause of the problem, so this cycle i will be taking straight through to AF.

Ive also heard of some tablets which contain 1500mg but the recommended dose (according to one website) is 1200mg so I will actually be taking 3 tablets a day.

Good luck to everyone!!

I think I'm on 1600mg per day (2 tablets, 2 times a day) which is what it says on the H&B instructions. It's so lovely to be in contact with other PCOS/long cycle ladies as it can feel so lonely sometimes! :coffee:

I'm also trying to lose weight to help my long cycles but am finding it more difficult than I ever have in the past when I was on Dianette/Yasmin. Having the thyroid problem also isn't helping as at the mo I'm underactive and holding on to weight like a good un!

Lace & Pearls - I also have IBS and am not finding AC is affecting this at the mo but will keep you updated.

Is anyone else 'feeling' like something is happening but hasn't ovulated? I have strange cramps when I wake! :wacko: xxx

Ive had faint lines on opks but no positive. I've got a strange burning sensation in my tummy, like i normally get before AF! Very bizarre :(

last cycle i was feeling so different to normal, i was actually positive i was pregnant. I felt it was good to feel different, as it meant something should have been happening.

Venus I know what you mean about finding other people in the same situation. When I used to go on the cycle buddy thread I would have one cycle for every two of someone elses!!

Hope those faint OPK's get darker and darker

The lines have now disappeared! I'm really confused!! I know i havent missed the surge as ive been doing (ahem!) 3 tests a day!! :haha: I'm not sure what's going on!!

Hi all

I've just started this month with AC too as well as vit B6 to try to lengthen my LP. My cycle is usually 28 days but didn't know before I started using the CB opk that I don't O till CD19. Bummer. :dohh:

Hoping that the AC and B6 do the trick this month :flower:

dream, dont panic happened to me last month, keep testing :)

I got my first bfp with AC, in the first month. Can't fault it in my opinion. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->