Agnus Castus/Vitex

S

stargirl69

Hi,

If you take Agnus Castus/Vitex what dose do you take, how long have you been taking for, and what difference have you noticed?

Feeling a bit disheartened. I've been taking since cd1 this cycle now cd24 - Holland and Barrettt 1600 mg - 4 tablets a day. Compared to last cycle - no real ewm whereas last cycle at this stage I had lots and had ovulated. So ovulation is going to be later rather than earlier. Spotting for 3 days after period which also didn't happen last cycle. Only negative side effects at the moment.

TIA!

my last cycle was 41days, i believe i maybe about to ov at cd 12.. started taking ac on cd1 but stopped now just incase i am...i think its made my cycle shorter but only time will tell ...............good luck...
im not sure and im sure someone will correct me but i dont think it helps with ewcm.. epo is meant to help with that

Sar: I think you're right. EPO I'm sure is supposed to help with cm and the Vitex to possibly Ov earlier (and I THINK help with LPD). I'm set to start taking both next cycle for my short LP and lack of fertile cm but I'm hoping I won't have a next cycle, lol.

Stargirl: It could take some time to start doing what it's supposed to, but, if it were me, and I had only seen negative side effects after a couple cycles, I would try something different. Some things just don't work for certain people. I have also read that in SOME cases a B Complex vitamin (which is normally taken for LPD as well) has made some women Ov earlier too. Maybe worth doing a little research into if the AC doesn't work for you!

Just my 2cents.

I read somewhere that ac is meant to improve quality of ewcm. I've always had plenty, but this month none yet which is really unusual for me at cd24. I've only ever read good things about ac on here so bit disappointed.

Here is a little information that I just pulled up from a Google search of "Vitex and cervical mucus". Hope this helps some! I learned a couple things by reading through it too!

https://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/vitex-chasteberry-and-its-role-in-pregnancy/

https://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/trying-to-conceive-by-using-evening-primrose-oil-epo/

https://thefertilityshop.com/fertility_herbs_vitamins.htm

Np. Hope things start to work themselves out for you!!

i'm taking agnus castus - 1600mg (to try to regulate my cycles), evening primrose oil - 3000mg (for better cm - i got 6 days of ewcm around ovulation last cycle!) & have just started taking vitamin b6 - 100mg (to see if i can lengthen my luteul phase!). as well as folic acid.
i feel like i'm rattling!
xx

i'm taking agnus castus - 1600mg (to try to regulate my cycles), evening primrose oil - 3000mg (for better cm - i got 6 days of ewcm around ovulation last cycle!) & have just started taking vitamin b6 - 100mg (to see if i can lengthen my luteul phase!). as well as folic acid.
i feel like i'm rattling!
xx

I know what you mean - I'm taking 4 agnus castus pills, folic acid and next cycle going to take b6 and pregnacare type vitamin pills. OMG - so many pills! But will try anything! My cm was fine - loads of it every cycle -except this cycle when I started taking ac grrrr!

hey star girl, well i just started taking EPO and the AC alond with folic acid. as far as it having negative affects i would try it for another cycle to see if it plays out because it is said that it takes up to 5 months before it works at its best. i take puritans pride AC 400MG ( 4 pills daily) EPO is 1000 mg ( i take 2 a day) folic acid i take 800 mg ( 1 time daily) wich i could take 1 more and might start taking 1 more of those and 1 more EPO daily........ i never could rember to take my b/c but i sure rember to take this lol

I've been taking the vitex for almost 4 months. In the beginning I notice that I was having regular cycles but something happened and I am on cd 77 and no cycle. When I was having regular cycles. I notice that I was getting false positive with on my ok. I was getting multiple opk's in my cycle.

I took it for about 2 months before it really "kicked in."

I took it to help regulate my cycles (which it DID thank heavens) and to help with ovulation. Which it may have helped a little because I did get pos opK the third month on it but never had a temp rise...
Anyway it never helped with ewcm for me I took EPO for that which helped an enormous amount.
this mnth only thing I took was Soy Isoflavones (cd 2-7only!). Have a temp rise and pos opk, tons of ewcm. A friend got pg on it her first month of taking it so i gave it a try. FX that it works for me too!!

Anyway good luck, it does take a while to kick in but it DOES help with regulation and with PMS.

I have been taking vitex for over 4 months now and doesn't seem to have done anything to me. I took it to regulate my cycles and so far had two 58 day cycles then a 21 day cycle. I thought it was starting to take effect but I am now on CD 40 with no sign of AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->