Agnus Castus - Vitex

still hopping

Reaction score
Has anyone tried taking Agnes Cactus to aid infertility or know of anyone who has?

I love the stuff! I've never had more regular cycles before in my life than I did after taking Vitex for a few months. They say it takes a few months to fully kick in but it worked pretty quickly for me. Before taking vitex my cycles were all over the place! My period NEVER landed on the day it should have so I just gave up trying to track. After vitex AF showed up on the same day every month making my average 30-31 days, the last 3 months I have gotten it down to the "normal" 28 days. I also take vitamin b-6 for a normal length luteal phase as I found out by tracking I wasn't O-ing until CD 23 ish and now I'm O-ing at CD 15. Not sure if thats due to the vitex working its wonders or the B-6. But I highly recommend Vitex I get about 2-3 months worth for like $11 on amazon. Well worth a try!

I love the stuff! I've never had more regular cycles before in my life than I did after taking Vitex for a few months. They say it takes a few months to fully kick in but it worked pretty quickly for me. Before taking vitex my cycles were all over the place! My period NEVER landed on the day it should have so I just gave up trying to track. After vitex AF showed up on the same day every month making my average 30-31 days, the last 3 months I have gotten it down to the "normal" 28 days. I also take vitamin b-6 for a normal length luteal phase as I found out by tracking I wasn't O-ing until CD 23 ish and now I'm O-ing at CD 15. Not sure if thats due to the vitex working its wonders or the B-6. But I highly recommend Vitex I get about 2-3 months worth for like $11 on amazon. Well worth a try!

I am now on my 3rd cycle using vitex and it has worked for me! Before my cycles were anywhere from 45-60 days long. The first month taking vitex it was 35 days, second month was 32 days. Now this month I am thinking it might be even closer to the 28 day 'regular' cycle length. I also started taking vitamin B6 this month as well for luteal phase. Here is a link to more info about vitex if you are interested: https://natural-fertility-info.com/vitex. Good luck!

Thank you so much for sharing ladybug923 and Bjs2005
So do you take it everyday and it is safe to take while ttc?
I am quite keen on giving it a go if safe while trying 😊
Thanks again :flower:

From what I've read it is safe while ttc. I take 1000 mg every morning.

I've read that many women take it as a TTC aid and that it helps regulate hormones like progesterone and that it helps improve egg quality. I've been taking it for about 6 months now and I know it is helping me in my TTC journey because finally my cycles are getting normal and predictable, if nothing else! The first month I was taking it I took 1600 mg, the next two months I took 1200 mg, and now I take 800 mg daily. I also take B6, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, and zinc. I did a google search for vitamins that aid women in TTC and those ones seemed to be the most important. I also drink fertilitea and red raspberry leaf tea every day as I read those two teas can help as well. Next cycle I'm going to add evening primrose oil to my list, its supposed to help with EWCM.
I have even heard of women taking vitex throughout the first trimester to help prevent early miscarriages as vitex helps regulate progesterone production, and progesterone deficiencies often result in miscarriage. But you have to be careful with the dosage and I would do lots of research before you take my word for it. :winkwink:

I'm carrying a vitex baby :baby: After my miscarriage, my cycles were all over the place. Within three month on vitex, I started ovulating on CD 15 and my luteal phase went from 12 days to 15-16 days. Made TTC and planning much easier! It also helped level out my temps and made my chart look pretty classic (despite being a shit worker). When we conceived, I stayed on my regular dose (12 drops of the tincture) for 2 weeks, then I started to slowly wean off. I would absolutely use vitex again!

Thank you ladies :flower:
AuntieKate... its great to hear from someone who has successfully used Vitex!!! I am excited now to have found another thing that may help that I can try. Thanks heaps xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->