agnus castus will it help regulate my periods?

lewood88

Mom of 2 expecting #3
Reaction score
Hey girls I have pcos and my periods are all over the place I've been reading up and people are ravening on about this Angus castus I want to hear your thoughts and experience with this and do you take it every day?

Thanks girls

No experience taking it, just studied it a tiny bit at university. It's a very old remedy that catholic women used to take to reduce sexual desire when their husbands were away lol. According to research it is great for regulating cycles, easing some pregnancy symptoms and aiding delivery. That being said, it can cause digestive upset, cause skin irritation, as said before affects libido - which is not what you want when ttc, and it can be dangerous in pregnancy so you would have to be very careful to ensure you stop as soon as you fall pregnant. I'm not sure on dose to take so wouldn't like to comment on that xxx

I've not tried Agnus Castus but have had good results with Maca.

hasn't done much for me but hey it cant hurt and its only about 5/6 bucks

Vitex is great! I am on my third cycle taking it now. Before my cycles were very irregular (45-60 days long). My first cycle taking it, I had a 35 day cycle. 2nd cycle on it was 32 days. Now on third cycle and it is looking to be around 28-30, unless I conceive this cycle. I take 1000mg once daily in the mornings. I haven't noticed any side effects except it regulating my cycle! From what I have read it may be considered safe in the first three months of pregnancy. https://natural-fertility-info.com/vitex. I also started taking a B-50 complex this cycle (for the B6) to help lengthen my luteal phase.

Good luck!

Hi Lewood, I'm glad you asked about Vitex, agnus cactus. I heard wonderful things about it too. It supposedly takes a few weeks or even months to build up in your system. After 2 months my cycles lengthened from 25 to 27 days, which I was happy about. BUT.... I got terrible hormonal acne, and I'm pretty sure it was from Vitex. I think it was just too much for my body to handle. I'm now having to treat cystic acne that is all over my neck and chin. Also, I had an ovarian cyst rupture the 2nd month taking it. I think that may be from it too.
Maybe, talk to you doc before taking it. I think it's safe, but if you have side effects it may be working too well, and contradicting what you are intending to use it for.

GL!!!!!

Lewood, 1 more thing that may interest you... I went to an acupuncturist to regulate the hormones after taking Vitex for 3 months. He said my "uterus is cold" Have you ever heard of that? I had never heard that expression or condition before, but after researching it, found some really useful tips to making a nice, cozy and warm environment for implantation.
All the BEST!!!! GL

Her maintenance pills (Chinese pills) pink bottle they are uterus warming pills i need to get more

Wow never heard of womb being cold that is interesting, I'm going to give these till the new year and if I get nothing I'll be taking soy isoflavones I conceived dd2 with then on my first go

But I need to see my doctors about my b12 and low foliate in on injections and I want to see if I'm ok to take supplements aswell as having the jabs

I miscarried December just gone and im pritty sure it was my deficiencies that caused it.

I have just started taking AC in the last week or so and wondered how you got on?
I too have PCOS

I took agnus castus for a few months. Didn't do anything to regulate cycles (pcos 28-50day cycles) but gave me migrane so stopped :( I concieve after 12 months of ttc. hope it does work for u.

I have PCOS but I ovulate on my own now that I am older, I took vitex for a month and it did not aid my fertility instead I had constant LH surges and delayed ovulation and AF. so for some it can help for some women it does not help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->