Agnus Castus?

bumblebeexo

Reaction score
:hi:

In an attempt to sort my very irregular cycles (currently on CD48, past cycle was 71 days and the one before was 54) I'm planning on taking agnus castus. I've heard you need to stop taking it after ovulation, but I don't a clue when I do ovulate? Is it okay to just keep taking it? Has it been helpful for anybody else?

Thanks!

hey hun everything iv read has said to take it right the way through your cycle? I have just ordered some which will arrive on Saturday to try regulate my cycles. last one was 114 days.. so far this one is cd21 and no sign of ovulation yet x

Lots of success with vitex on these boards hun and you may want to do a thread search so you can see some success stories. Vitex is supposed to be taken all cycle long as the pp said. It helps maintain progesterone levels after O and also helps have a healthy luteal phase (the time between O and AF). Taking it up to O is only half the battle :) Just to help your ttc journey consider charting your basal body temperature as well. Super easy and only requires a bbt thermometer. Well worth the effort and time and allows you to know when to test and not waste money.

Good luck! :) agnus castus messed up my cycles and made them longer, but most people have great success with it!

Some places say only to take it up to ovulation because thats what the hormones need help with. AF will follow once you have O'd, whether you keep taking it or not (unless ofc you are pregnant) they also arent 100% sure of the effects of vitex during pregnancy. Some will take it up until O and then stop, others will take it until their BFP and then stop and some will take it all the way through their first tri and then wean off it. At this point it is completely up to you, but the general consensus is to take it throughout your cycle and wean yourself off it around the 12th week of pregnancy.

i used it to try and get af as i was on a long cycle with no ovulation, i have not ovulated in over 2 years due to repo. it started af for me i am on cycle day 3 now, i will wait and see usually i have no af for months at a time then af for months at a time, but this is the first time af came on with no progesterone tablets so thats a plus, i am temping this cycle to see if i ovulate, and i will be taking right through till i get a bfp when i will then wean myself off it slowly

My tablets arrived this morning :D think im going to start them today too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->