Agnus castus

chan1983

Reaction score
Hi everyone just wondering if anyone is taking this and how they are getting on with it? I've just ordered the 1000mg tablets from amazon. A little nervous of taking them. I have pcos and we have been trying to get pregnant for 6 years and when we have had our bfp's it's ended in a miscarriage. After all the stress and upset from it all hubby said we would stop the medical treatment and if it happens naturally he'd be happy. However my periods have stopped again so just want to try and see if these will work.
Have you had any side effects?
How much are you taking?
When do you stop taking it?
Any advice from anyone on this would be great.

Thanks in advance xxx

Hi! I am taking 800mg a day from cd1 through o. I had long irregular cycles and was hoping it'd help (which it did!). Last cycle before I started, I had a 46 day cycle with ovulation on cd32. This cycle I started taking it and I just ovulated yesterday. I also had increased fertile cm this cycle. I took 400mg first thing in the am and 400 more in the pm.

Fingers crossed it works for you. I think I'm going to start off with 1 tablet and then depending on how that goes might increase to 2. Have you have any side effects? I'm hoping mine arrive tomorrow and if so then I'll start taking them straight away.
Is this the first time you have taken them?

Thanks! It helped me to ovulate 11 days earlier this cycle so it definitely helped. I did not notice any side effects past increased cm. I started with two pills but they were only 400mg so 800 total per day.

Fingers crossed you get your bfp very soon. Keep me updated on how you get on. I just hope that it still kick start my period for me.
The ones I have bought from amazon were 1000mg and reading the reviews from them were very good so I hope they work.

Thanks I will :) good luck! I hope they work for you. I am on my 5th month ttc now but only just had my third ovulation. Fingers crossed!

I had a CP in May and went through my second chemical pregnancy last month so on CD 1 I started taking 1000mg Vitex/Agnus Cactus a day because I had a feeling I either had a progesterone problem or there was something wrong with my lining.

My cycle has always been regular 26 day. Well I never had a period in between because I am 4 weeks pregnant now and I've had beta's done and they are rising well so I can't help but think the vitex had a hand in that.

I took them all through out cycle and I am still taking them. I realise it says to stop taking them as soon as you get your bfp but I believe this is only because Clinical Trials are yet to be performed on the supplement. I have done my own extensive research and in my personal opinion I believe it is safe to take them until the placenta kicks in between 10-12 weeks. After all, I needed the vitex for my progesterone levels so common sense says to me to keep taking it. I've also read lots of stories of women who stopped taking it and miscarried who believed it was the sudden drop in their hormone levels.

Congratulations wish85 on your news so pleased it worked for you. Well I started taking 1000mg on Tuesday and so far no sign of any period. I will give it another week or so and if still no sign I will up it to 2000mg a day.
I though I had a few pains in my side but that last all of 5 mins on Tuesday night and then nothing since. Keep me updated on your get on with your pregnancy. I hope you have a h&h 9 maths.
I'm still not sure as to weather to stop at ovulation or to continue with it but I will see how I feel when and if that time happens.

How are you getting on sil? Have you had any signs or anything? Are you still taking the tablets or stopping at ovulation?

Hi chan! I am 5dpo today. No symptoms really yet that I can't also dismiss as just normal cycle stuff. I'll prob start testing around 9/10dpo. I stopped vitex at ovulation. I also read a lot of conflicting information but the general consensus I got is either stop at o or stop at 10-12 weeks, but do not stop upon a positive test (per reasons previous poster mentioned). good luck!

Congratulations wish85 on your news so pleased it worked for you. Well I started taking 1000mg on Tuesday and so far no sign of any period. I will give it another week or so and if still no sign I will up it to 2000mg a day.
I though I had a few pains in my side but that last all of 5 mins on Tuesday night and then nothing since. Keep me updated on your get on with your pregnancy. I hope you have a h&h 9 maths.
I'm still not sure as to weather to stop at ovulation or to continue with it but I will see how I feel when and if that time happens.

Thank you! My only advice would be to do what you think it best for you. I always go with my gut instinct and no-one knows your body better than you so do what you feel comfortable with. What works for one doesn't always work for the other. GL xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->