Agoraphobia and Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by HaRLeQuiN, Oct 26, 2008.

1. HaRLeQuiN

HaRLeQuiN Pregnant - 1st Trimester

Is anyone else dealing with agoraphobia, panic attacks, anxiety, etc. while pregnant? I've had anxiety and social phobia w/ panic attacks all throughout my childhood and it progressively became worse. I developed agoraphobia four years ago and now that I'm pregnant, I'm worried about how it will effect my baby.

2. Suze

Suze Mummy to Ava & Oscar

Hi, I replied on your otherthread but just wanted to ask if you've been oferred alternative (ie medicine free) advice on dealing with your anxiety/panic attacks such as massage or reflexology?

3. HaRLeQuiN

HaRLeQuiN Pregnant - 1st Trimester

Yeah I've actually tried lots of types of therapy to deal with my severe anxiety issues. I've tried natural remedies like valerian, passion flower, kava kava, rescue remedy spray, etc. (none of these while pregnant). I've also tried traditional therapy, yoga, meditation, reiki, cognitive-behavioral therapy. I'm dealing with it alot better now but sometimes it still peaks pretty high.

4. Incubator

Incubator Well-Known Member

I found CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) was really helpful for panic attacks.

Good luck.

x

5. Incubator

Incubator Well-Known Member

Sorry - just re-read and you've tried CBT!

6. classyburd

classyburd Mummy to Archie

I suffer from emetaphobia, anxiety and panic attacks yes.

Am just trying my best to keep it under control with will power at the mo and not leeting it win so to speak