• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Ahhh so annoyed

babyv_s2012

1st little princess
Reaction score
So I've just logged onto Facebook and saw a status update along the lines of "Am i the only one on here that's not knocked up? Ahhh so over it all!"

I'm beyond peed off hubby and I have been struggling to conceive for a number of years and have had two mc's and the whole process has been emotionally and physically draining. Now we're pregnant we couldn't be happier and I will NOT appologise for being happy! I've not posted anything relating to pregnancy other than my scan pic and a bump pic which is so my mum can see (she lives 200 miles away)

This has actually made me really angry and upset!
Thoughts?!?

some people find it hard when ttc and people around them are falling pregnant x x dont take it to heart and mabey just hide the person from your feed x

I see posts like this often. I hear comments at work too. People say like "you're preggo? Better you than me!!" Some girl actually said "you're preggo? Kids...*shiver*" she actually shivered and made a "ew/ugh" sound lol what a b!

Remember you have everything you want and there is no need for you to apologise for it or hide how happy you are. If she can't handle you being happy it's her problem not yours, any real friend would be over the moon for you and she's just not worth worrying about.

I'd be sticking 2 fingers up at the computer screen & telling her to get on with it. She's the sad twat to have put that on there, she reads your posts by choice. Don't stress hon & just carry on as you are! xxx

maybe she is in a position of trying for a long time or desperately wanting a baby but not in the right circumstances at the moment?:shrug:

i have felt the same numerous times and although i never said it on facebook it did eat me up a little when yet another person announced a pregnancy. i'm sure you know that feeling given that it didn't come easy to you.

Why should you feel bad or have to apologise for being happy?! You have a life inside you and you know how wonderful that feeling is! Maybe they're jealous, who knows.... Enjoy it and sod the lot of them!!xox

I've been getting this response quite a bit from one of my single friends in particular. She claims she doesn't want to get married or settle down yet - and all she has are scathing remarks about all of her married friends (especially the ones with kids.) Truth be told a bunch of her other 'friends' sort of dropped her when they 'moved to the next stage' in life - but I never did that (still make time to go out, hang out, have her over) and now that I'm expecting it's like she's expects me to fall off the face of the planet just because I'm having a baby (even though I've been married for 4 years and waited until now to ttc.) I figure she's just jealous of where I'm holding in life but doesn't know how to express it.

I do have to agree that it's frustrating to have to hear though.

Can't people just be happy for us?!

If I were you I'd put a status up something like "why can't some people just be happy for others,instead of making snidy,bitchy comments":thumbup:

So I've just logged onto Facebook and saw a status update along the lines of "Am i the only one on here that's not knocked up? Ahhh so over it all!"

I'm beyond peed off hubby and I have been struggling to conceive for a number of years and have had two mc's and the whole process has been emotionally and physically draining. Now we're pregnant we couldn't be happier and I will NOT appologise for being happy! I've not posted anything relating to pregnancy other than my scan pic and a bump pic which is so my mum can see (she lives 200 miles away)

Thoughts?!?

Why are you upset? I would if she personally attacked me but no other reason. I've had 2 losses as well and trouble getting pg so I think I can understand at least your struggle. If you haven't posted anything or thrown it in people's faces then I'd think she wasn't even referring to me. But that's pretty much how I think about lots of things. If someone had something to say to me and for me to react from it they would have to say something to me. Whether face to face or some other form of personal communication

I hope you can let it go and ignore those who aren't happy for you. But remember your happiness is what matters.

Thoughts?!?

Why are you upset? I would if she personally attacked me but nGo other reason. I've had 2 losses as well and trouble getting pg so I think I can understand at least your struggle. If you haven't posted anything or thrown it in people's faces then I'd think she wasn't even referring to me. But that's pretty much how I think about lots of things. If someone had something to say to me and for me to react from it they would have to say something to me. Whether face to face or some other form of personal communication

I hope you can let it go and ignore those who aren't happy for you. But remember your happiness is what matters.

I agree with your points, I feel it's about me as she's always making sly digs and below the belt comments. Im trying to rise above it to be honest just had a crappy weekend and that was just the icing on the cake. Maybe my hormones are making me react to things that I normally would just ignore.
Like you say we're happy about baby and that's all that matters.

I actually created a private album on my FB and invited only people who actually care about pregnancy related stuff to see the album (and status updates.) I have one friend that said she'd put me on STFU Parents (it's a blog for those who aren't familiar) if I "inundated her facebook with baby crap". /sigh She's a good friend, so I don't want to unfriend her, or any of my other friends who aren't parents... so I went with the private album and list option instead. :)

It really makes life easier... you can be as joyous about your pregnancy as you want for everyone else who cares, and leave the co-workers, distant friends, and sourpuss grumps clueless about your pregnancy. :)

Just a suggestion?

I actually created a private album on my FB and invited only people who actually care about pregnancy related stuff to see the album (and status updates.) I have one friend that said she'd put me on STFU Parents (it's a blog for those who aren't familiar) if I "inundated her facebook with baby crap". /sigh She's a good friend, so I don't want to unfriend her, or any of my other friends who aren't parents... so I went with the private album and list option instead. :)

It really makes life easier... you can be as joyous about your pregnancy as you want for everyone else who cares, and leave the co-workers, distant friends, and sourpuss grumps clueless about your pregnancy. :)

Just a suggestion?

I personally wouldn't do that. If people have a problem with you talking babies all the time,then they can hide your statuses:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"