• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Hels

Reaction score
I have just spoken to the vendor of our new house. He says that were exchanging on Monday, and Completing on Friday.....OMG!!!
No one has told me but him, so i rang my solicitor, and I have said that It will be fine by me, so she is ringing all other parties and if its ok with everyone else involved........FRIDAY IT IS
A week tomorrow
Im so excited, but so nervous, and stressed already lol. We will find out tomorrow for defo.
There is so much to do....I dont know where to start! Obviously hiring a van would be good Oh and packing might be an idea!

Any ideas or advice?????
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, are you using a removal company or doing it yourselves? I would never try to do it myself, but we boxed all our own stuff, just be sure to make sure every box is labled to say which room its going in and roughly what it contains. That way removal people can just dump them into the relevent rooms without you then having to go around moving them all after.

how exciting , i dont want this to sound cheeky but can get a company to do the removal and u can go to any superrmarket and get boxes they are free!!!! thats my advice !!!!

Definitely get a removal company hun. I've always moved myself, but DH's cousin used a company who boxed it all up and then moved it for them. We'll be using them when we move. A bit on the expensive side, but it is no hassle, and means you can just take the kettle to your new place and sit and wait for it to turn up! :lol:

Iwantone!!! said:
how exciting , i dont want this to sound cheeky but can get a company to do the removal company and u can go top any superrmarket and get boxes they are free!!!! thats my advice !!!!

Most companies give you the option of either them packing everything for you on the day, or they give you a load of boxes and paper, bubble wrap and tape in advance so you pack yourself.

The company I used were the cheapest for quotes cause they actually had deals with a load of large local stores and they took there packaging and used that instead of their own boxes, which is good cause its recycling, plus you get all varied sizes and shapes.

Def shop around with removal costs as its amazing how differnt they can be. I think mine cost around £300 for us to pack ourselves, where as another company to do the same thing quoted nearly £800

start packing little bits now, things that your not going to use, dvds cd,s videos, books, summer clothes ect bit by bit! bet you cant wait how exciting :)

I couldnt have anyone pack my things for me :shock: Im hoping to fill a skip with junk we dont need.
We are hiring a 3.5 ton van for £50, my dad, uncle, and hubby (all over 6ft and fit) will do the big stuff, Mum will have Charlie and ill do the fragile light stuff in the car.
Its not so much the actual moving im worried about, but the farce of other stuff, final bills, sorting insurance, broadband, sky etc.

I hope Charlie and Jazz dog will like their new home :D Im so excited that Charlie will have her own room FINALLY! Im going to make it perfect for her.

Ido believe if your quick enough about it the Post office offer a service where they can notify and change over all your suppliers for you. But TBH its not as much of a hastle as you think, you can phone them all now and just tell them your moving date and everything will be switched over, you just have to remember on moving day to take final meter readings from your old house and opening readings at your new house. The foolish person that moved out of this house, (who was a git) didnt take closing readings, so I fiddled them so we didnt really pay for any gas of electric for about 6 weeks lol!

With everything else, just set up mail redirection for about 3 months, if you do it over the phone it takes a week to set it up, so do it tomorrow, that way all the odds and sods you can change over after you have moved and settled in. Im still changing over odd things like catalogues and subscriptions.

O and on the moving stuff yourself note, the advantages of a removal company is that it insures you. Check with your houseold insurance that they cover moving your stuff, if not look at taking out a 24 hhour policy, just in case there is a traffic accident, or something and your stuff gets damaged/distroyed in transit.

i moved in a hurry ... LABEL BOXES!!!

And hun ... you never get straight in a few weeks, i been in my new house a month and it's still up to its arse!!

Just chill and don't stress it ain't worth it ... it gives you stroke lol

I should know!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back